Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo accord i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo accord i need help

i want to turbo, but i don't know what all i need could someone please help
    Last edited by 92trboaccrd; 09-20-2005, 12:31 PM.

search around in the forced induction forum. or talk to midniteracerx or h22sparkle

Comment

if u talk to them, im sure they will say the same thing he said^^. search is ur friend buddy, im srry. dont mean to be a dick or anything, but on this forum, we help ppl, not spoon feed them.

but il give u a few links to get u started:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html
      http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=6472
      http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=28135.0

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

^^ what he said ^^

Its very time consuming to try to help each individual person and to be honest...we aren't gettin paid enough to start over from scratch with someone lol. We realize everyone wants to learn but the information is on this site you just have to find it. Could take months before you fully understand it all...and even then your just scratching the surface.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

you basicly need the dsm eclipes parts like-
          1g bov
          1g exhaust manifold
          1g turbo ur choice 14b,t25,16g18g etc
          intercooler
          pipeing
          p06 chipped ecu
          boost controller
          wastegate
          oil line kit
          ect...
          92 accord dx....traded
          97 accord ex....traded
          93 civic si ....stolen
          96 tercel ....sold
          97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
          97 civic 4door b16 sold
          04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

and then a good tuner,boostguage and boost controller.

Comment

and get a new turbo or a used one and rebuild it. dont stick a used turbo on ur car right away because there is a good chance you'll have to redo all the work. also stay away from the 2nd gen t25 turbo for two reasons
              1. it flows only 290 cfms which is less then my leaf blower
              2. as is it doesnt clear clutch cylinder and points the wrong way, and if you clock it it still dont work !
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                also stay away from the 2nd gen t25 turbo for two reasons
                1. it flows only 290 cfms which is less then my leaf blower
                2. as is it doesnt clear clutch cylinder and points the wrong way, and if you clock it it still dont work !
                I don't like the sound of that... I have a t25 in my setup (not yet installed)

Comment

Who said that only flows 290 cfm? That is pretty crappy for a turbo.

Comment

t25 is crap

Comment

Damn that cant be it sure felt hella quick on my boys eclipse . Or was it a 14b.

Comment

Probably a 14b ... even those run out around 250-300 whp I think.

Comment

ok i did alot of searching on dsmtuner as well as tuner sites for dsms. few things that i came up with were
                          - 2nd gen dsm t25 flows 290 cfms and 14b is actually a significant upgrade to the 2nd gen dsm and quiet a couple ppl do it
                          - 14b choke point is around 430 cfms which can make 250-260 whp on FWD
                          Again, i wasted a lot of time with the t25 and it just did not work. let me put it to you guys this way > not a single respectable/not-respectable performance/exhaust shop in Philly would touch the intercooler piping job. The turbo outlet shoots right at the slave cylinder and when you clock the housing it still not fitting. So i cut the j-bend off and there is no really nice way to cut it so it came out shitty and didnt help the situation much. The ONLY possible way i see it work is if you bolt the turbo the opposite way it is supposed to sit thus making o2 housing sit on the right.
                          Last edited by prodigymb; 09-21-2005, 09:03 PM.
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

um thats what you're supposed to do...
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

which right facing the engine from the front bumper in the right or the front of the car and on the right near the dizzy..? cause i know how it looks and how it goes but clearing up misconceptions (sp)

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                              AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                              nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X