Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Why wouldn't it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn't it work?

I e-mailed Vortech about hooking up a supercharger up on a H22 in a CB7 and they said it wouldn't work, isn't the front end of a Prelude lower than a Accord? So I decided to think about boosting my H22 when I get to that point.

Originally posted by bruce20636
    I e-mailed Vortech about hooking up a supercharger up on a H22 in a CB7 and they said it wouldn't work, isn't the front end of a Prelude lower than a Accord? So I decided to think about boosting my H22 when I get to that point.

i'm not too sure but i think there would be something clearance issues with the firewall or something? i think that i've heard about that before

Comment

It can be due to the fact that the only useful part would be the superchager and the fuel components... Clearance at the firewall is not an issue, hammer it in dammit. I am thinking if its the roots style charger, you may have belt issues. If its the centrigual you should be good to go.

Comment

yeah firewall issues

Comment

why can't they make one to take the place of the a/c compressor? or better yet, I wonder if one is already built.
          WTB:
          88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
          OR
          90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

In place of the AC compressor... . No. Usually they are best when they are up top. It would be cool if it could be in place of the PS. However you will have hot pipes if you run it over the headers. It would work out for an intercooled setup. Now that I visualize this tho, space will be really tight.

Comment

you can make a bracket run it on the battery side using an aux shaft spinning off the other side using ac or power steering or custom and then spray methanol so you dont need an intercooler thats how their kits are setup for the bseries. centrifigals are cool and you can still use a BOV for allthe people that like the sound instead of bypass valve like with roots style well yup.

Comment

Working...
              X