Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Meaning of the different turbo sizes and names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaning of the different turbo sizes and names

whats the differance between all the differant types of turbos out there...t3, t4, t3/t4, xG's whats the deall with each one of them and whats the best bet for me since i want to boost my car, maintain street driveability, run high 12's on the track but most of all have a fun car to terrorize the bully v8's

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

To what psi would a t3 be efficient to use for the f22... like at what psi would it no longer be worth the fast spool up because it becomes too inefficient?

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
      To what psi would a t3 be efficient to use for the f22... like at what psi would it no longer be worth the fast spool up because it becomes too inefficient?
      Depends on the trims but off the top of my head I would say no more then 10 psi.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

actually even a fairly small trim t3 will do upward of 18-20 psi at total max out. most t3's make best power ar around 12psi most volvo and saabs run between 12 and 15 psi i used to have one on my f22 and ran 9lbs all day long very fun turbo and spools super fast.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

go get a compressor map of turbo's and figure out how each will respond to your engine.
          91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
          Generic Mugen Lip
          Generic Intake
          EX 4-2-1 Header
          Dynomax Muffler
          Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
          ST Rear Sway Bar
          17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord
            actually even a fairly small trim t3 will do upward of 18-20 psi at total max out. most t3's make best power ar around 12psi most volvo and saabs run between 12 and 15 psi i used to have one on my f22 and ran 9lbs all day long very fun turbo and spools super fast.

That's with stock internals right? I've heard that's the best to run without totally destroying your motor in a short period of time.

Comment

yea thats with totally stock internals and some good fuel tuning.

member ride thread
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

didnt u blow ur f22 at like 20+ psi??(turbo90accord)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

man oh man

Comment

definatly not my motor is still in fantastic condition. ive never even come close to blowing up.

member ride thread
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

where did u get your turbo manifold from...or are you the guy with the dsm setup?
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

turbos

I saw one turbo that was not mentioned on here and that was the T04E/B those turbos are not for the faint at heart trust me.
                        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

yea the t04e and the like would be too big...I'm not even gonna sit here and say its lagey but it'd be inefficient for our motors if boosting under about 20+ psi.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i was wondering, would a h22 turbo manifold fit on an h23? also, would an h23 be a good and reliable to start on if i was going to be boosting? i know vtech doesnt really matter when your using a turbo, but im thinking the 2 cams will come in handy in tuning and getting more out of the engine. either way, i would like to keep an f22 5-speed tranny either way i go.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

h23 mani will not fit on the h22, as far as reliability goes...your car will only be as reliable as your knowledge spans...the more you know about turbo setups and you particular engine the longer it will last (assuming you yeild to the motors limits). vtec and turbo can go well or extremely bad...that ALL depends on your tuner. Two cams better than one? Most cases yes, some cases no. Its really a toss in the air. But if money isn't a problem then sure dohc
                              Last edited by MRX; 03-25-2004, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X