Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

For those with turboed cb7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
    Being the new guy at this job...I don't really know when my schedule will settle down. I am trying to get overnights permanently. If so, I can do turbo kits when I am home in the day. I am just not sure when that will happen.
    Sounds good to me. I'll make sure I keep that info in mind
    Check out what used to be mine
    Click Here

Comment

did it myself

its really the only way to go

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
        did it myself

its really the only way to go
        Was it much of a hassle for puttin it in yourself?? Did u run into any type of complications or obstacles during the installation process??
        Click Here

Comment

Do it yourself. You can PM me or hit me up on Aim. I will help you with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            Do it yourself. You can PM me or hit me up on Aim. I will help you with it.
            Oh, I will definitely keep that info in mind . Thx alot in advance for the support mane
            Click Here

Comment

ur always going to come up on complication, thats the fun part. cus when u get over them u stand back and it feels great to noe that thru all the problems ur car is now a boosted beast. as time progresses u'll get better at the whole boost thing. "today i noe more than yesterday".
              and u can always count on the contributing member of b7tuner for help and support. plus u won't be alone either... im just wainting for my block to get back from the machine shop, then it's full time again for me.

** find ur self a buddy that is willing to come by and bullshit with ya, cus it does get kinda lonely, cutting ur bumper at 3 am...by ur self. "ahh the good old times".**

if ur building ur own kit, i dont think any one here can tell u what u are going to encounter becouse it most likely will be different than mines or acch23 or sparkles... just get at it and let us noe what happens.

Comment

I am piecing together my own kit and putting it on myself. Make sure you have all the tools you need, that's probably the biggest thing. I have had to run to the store a couple times to pick up things. Charge pipes aren't bad, they just take time and patience. I am using silicon couplers and hose clamps to put mine together. Getting some of the rusty bolts off is a pain, but with a big enough breaker bar anything will come loose. All in all it is not as hard as I thought it would be. There are some things I will have to have custom made for me, like a downpipe and dumptube for the wastegate(I have some crazy uncommon turbo), but if you get a popular turbo you should be able to buy those things prefabbed.

Comment

I am currently in the middle of upgrading again. Due to a crack in my manifold. I really do not feel like building another, so I bought an eclipse T3/T4 manifold off ebay and redrilled it. I had an old Turbonetics 38mm lying around so I am putting it to use again. Right now, I am waiting for the snail in my sig. Once I get that...its wabbit hunting season again...

Comment

I know I had my kit mocked up and ready to go for the most part, then I sold my turbo and went with a bigger one, then the manifold, downpipe, motormount and charge pipe had to be changed/altered. One thing changes and so many other things had to be changed. Look out for stuff like that. L8r
                    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                    01-01-2019

Comment

Acclipse imno trying to make it seem hard, i never did my own work before on the 1.8t cuz the parts were to expensive to fuck up so this turbo project was pretty much first thing i did to the accord. manifold is cast iron thus it pwns like u said now that i look back charge pipes werent to bad just took a little bit of time.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i also did mine 100% myself....exept for the ECU from eric. it took me about 8 hours to install everything, and make a downpipe. i used a dsm mani and a t25, and its at 7 psi now, and it loves it. if you have the resources, do it yourself...its alot of fun, and you get the satisfaction in the end knowing you did the job yourself....
                        hit me on aim if you want advice...

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                          Acclipse imno trying to make it seem hard, i never did my own work before on the 1.8t cuz the parts were to expensive to fuck up so this turbo project was pretty much first thing i did to the accord. manifold is cast iron thus it pwns like u said now that i look back charge pipes werent to bad just took a little bit of time.

Comment

I installed all of mine. Hardest parts were fitting the turbo(had to ditch a/c), getting intercooler to fit in front bumper, and doing the chargepipes. Charge pipes were just ridicylously time consuming, along with hacking away the bumper for three days
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Room!

I did my turbo kit with some of my freinds and cousin the hardest part was room very tight to keep A/C,power steering 2.5'' down pipe into a 3inch straight pipe to the N1 muffler.The pipes will take some time but take your time to make it fit good so you have no rattles.Use mandrel u bends from like napa makes it easier.
                              Last edited by SOHC on dis; 12-14-2005, 06:24 AM.

My whips!
                              97 eliteS 50cc sold
                              90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                              93 CB 4dr ex/se
                              85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                              80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                              73 Opel GT garage queen
                              92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                              93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                              92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                              09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                              93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Working...
                              X