Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much?

is 28 psi to much for the f22 if u build the bottom end (rods sleeves pistons bockgard) and and fuel system and wat not?........this question originates becuase i origionaly wanted to boost the h22 but i found that to be a lil unrealistic (espesailly on the wallet)...but im still dead set on goin at least a lil past past 350 hp

Old Ride-New Ride

Originally posted by Mike
    is 28 psi to much for the f22 if u build the bottom end (rods sleeves pistons bockgard) and and fuel system and wat not?........this question originates becuase i origionaly wanted to boost the h22 but i found that to be a lil unrealistic (espesailly on the wallet)...but im still dead set on goin at least a lil past past 350 hp
    If you already have both engines I would just build the h22 as building the bottom end should cost the same. 28 is very possible if you can find someone to tune the car properly.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

iight thanx......but yea i dont have the h22 thats y im lookin to see how much a built f22 can handle cuz my goal for the h22 was 400 and if i can make the f22 do that i dont see much point in spendin an extra 1500-2500 on the h22 u know?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

H22s are overrated anyhow. Why shoot for a PSI Mike? Depending on your setup 400whp can be achieved on low boost.

Comment

cuz moneys has become a bigger issue and i still have to do a standerd swap..right now i only have 600 dollors and dont even have a job lol(im goin out tomaro for aplications) when u calculate in the lsd and everything i need for the high hp numbers thats a shit load of money and from my calculations the cheapest and quickest way to get to 350+ hp is to build the bottom end and run high boost.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            H22s are overrated anyhow. Why shoot for a PSI Mike? Depending on your setup 400whp can be achieved on low boost.
            Oh hell here it comes... Your right in shooting for a hp goal. as different turbos make different power at different psi. I've seen one h22 make about 270whp on 8psi and another built one make 340 at 8psi. Of course there lot more to it than that but still. Shoot for a hp goal and then talk to an engine builder.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Well I'm not sure of his setup and all, but I saw a F22A1 at the track run a 10 second 1/4. Ipm not sure of the horsepower but I would think that it would have had to be alot to run like that.
              Isn't it just so sexy http://www.myspace.com/forced93lude

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                Oh hell here it comes... Your right in shooting for a hp goal. as different turbos make different power at different psi. I've seen one h22 make about 270whp on 8psi and another built one make 340 at 8psi. Of course there lot more to it than that but still. Shoot for a hp goal and then talk to an engine builder.
                Merry Christmas bud.

Comment

Merry Christmas bud.
                  lol same to you.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

its never to much
                    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                      its never to much
                      haha well im not mechanic i want it to be reliable too

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                        haha well im not mechanic i want it to be reliable too
                        Reliable is only in the eye of the tuner... . 350whp is not extreme, I already got that on a T04b 50 trim. Then again my engine is Dohc and flows a greater volume of air by design. Eh more boost then, I only used 10lbs.

Comment

Reliable is only in the eye of the tuner... . 350whp is not extreme, I already got that on a T04b 50 trim. Then again my engine is Dohc and flows a greater volume of air by design. Eh more boost then, I only used 10lbs.
                          yea i know wat ur sayin but i was just refing to wat prodigymb was saying....with the h22 i was gona shoot for around 480 and im shure the f22 can do that with some tlc but like i siad im not a michanic i want it to reliable becuase i wont be able to fine tune it when i can tell if something is goin wrong u know?...especialy since i want to drive it almost every day. i might eventully do a hybrid like you but that goes back to y im not goin with an f22b or a h22 in the first place (the cash)

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Join the NON-VTAK movement... Its cheaper and 2.2 liters is 2.2 liters. Then again for a DD you are better off with VTAK if you are looking to pick up a set of cams.

Comment

can u clear up v-tak for me?...i never cought on to wat that ment

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X