Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

FMIC opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMIC opinion

just lookin for ur guys opinion on this.... now that i got some cash ima start collecting the pieces to the puzzel......i was lookin for an intercooler cheap went on egay and found this....(i plan on resleeving and building the bottom end and fuel system and runin 20-30 psi) so im wondering if this will with stand wat im goin for (28" X 6" X 2.75".. 2.5 inlet/outlit)

FMIC on Egay

im a lil ify cuz of the 2.5 inlets cuz im kinda thinkin of 3" piping because of the high psi
    Last edited by Mike; 12-30-2005, 07:20 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

doesnt look bad but whats the flow rate on that Ic imo i rather go to phenoix turbo.com or johnnyracecar.com. Thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
      doesnt look bad but whats the flow rate on that Ic imo i rather go to phenoix turbo.com or johnnyracecar.com. Thats just me.
      would this last me? johnyracecar

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

your going about this all wrong, if you truely plan to run 20-30psi (which i think you'll back down from) then you need to be looking for something that is ALOT bigger and ALOOOOOT more efficient. Do you realize how much heat 20psi generates? Not to mention can that little intercooler actually hold that much boost? All wrong man sorry to say.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          your going about this all wrong, if you truely plan to run 20-30psi (which i think you'll back down from) then you need to be looking for something that is ALOT bigger and ALOOOOOT more efficient. Do you realize how much heat 20psi generates? Not to mention can that little intercooler actually hold that much boost? All wrong man sorry to say.
          thats wat im asking...as much as it sounds like it im not stupid but i just havent done much research on the intercooler yet

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

www.johnnyracecar.com sells good quality stuff for cheap ! urbannrunner has a 6" jrc intercooler for 130 shipped< sounnds like a winner to me !
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

i'm not trying to down you but theres alot to consider when choosing an intercooler and it seems like all you were interested in was what would fit.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1351148
              The 2nd one is what you need to be looking for price wise, efficiency wise, and its not so big that it'd make it overly difficult to install.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                i'm not trying to down you but theres alot to consider when choosing an intercooler and it seems like all you were interested in was what would fit.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1351148
                The 2nd one is what you need to be looking for price wise, efficiency wise, and its not so big that it'd make it overly difficult to install.
                thanx for the link...no i wasnt really asking for fitment issues i was really asking if was sufficent for high psi levels...so ur answer was perfict

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Buy my Intercooler.... It will hold 20-30 psi.... Just not in that price range....
                  Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

MRX saves the day. I was going tell you if you want an IC that can cool off that much you are looking at something over 8" and 30" across. I know because, I am looking for one now.

Comment

Working...
                    X