Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

thinking of bumping up compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking of bumping up compression

I've been looking at pistons and I found some arias 9.4 to 1 ratio pistons and I was thinking about those because they come with wrist pins and rings and I also want to bump the compression up a little bit. My only concern is, is this too high for boost on the fseries?
    ricers make baby jesus cry

no not at all but why?

Comment

Cause more comp means more power without a high level of boost. Also makes the engine VERY responsive. I was actually gonna do 9.5 - 10:1 myself. To be thinking of this u kinda have to have a general idea of the power u wanna make vs the available and highest octane in ur area.

p.s....with the luck that u have with f-series...i'd keep it stock or lower
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

also, what u may wanna do is get a general idea of how much boost u need to run to have the turbo in an efficient psi throughout the rpm range u want. Then compare that number to other hondas with similar compression and notice how much boost they're running and if they're on race type gas or pump gas.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yea i got my head milled 40 thousands over which brought my CR to around 9.3 -9.4:1.... at 7psi it pulls harder than my stock engine at 9psi.... its also a lott more responsive like mrx said.... i have a lot more low end power from all that fukkin turbo lag and i start to see boost by around 2500 now instead 2800 and full boost by 3300 instead of 3700.... my 14" steelies my 1st and 2nd gear are just good for loosing traction if i have it over half throttle...

oh yea and thats on 93 octane...

Comment

Its the reason why I milled my head on my F22b. And I am also seeking 9.5-10 CR on my buildup. Lower boost can still pwn on higher CR setups.

Comment

I will be running on pump gas, we do have 93octane in my area but most stations are switching to 92 and like everyone else stated I want to make more power on less boost, and actually have some sort of power before boost hits and faster spool up. Thanks for everyones input and if you have more it will be much appreciated
              ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

Working...
              X