Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

5th gen accord turbo build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th gen accord turbo build up

I have been searching around. But theres a lot of different options. Could I keep iit under $1000 as a dd. What do you surgest for a setup. And im looking to get my setup so if anyone has anything in the New England area tell me. oh and its obd1

Save and do a setup you will enjoy.
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

I have the money but how much should I expect to spend for something decent.

Comment

well I beleive a thousand will be enough, but you need tuning, so maybe 15?
        I scored almost all parts I needed except wideband o2 and fmic and piping for 500 CDN! But I also need to rebuild my turbo! A typical 14b setup would be fine! 8psi depending on the engine condition!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
          well I beleive a thousand will be enough, but you need tuning, so maybe 15?
          I scored almost all parts I needed except wideband o2 and fmic and piping for 500 CDN! But I also need to rebuild my turbo! A typical 14b setup would be fine! 8psi depending on the engine condition!
          well only thing I need extra different from the 4th gen setup is I cant buy a dsm manifold

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
            I have the money but how much should I expect to spend for something decent.
            The purchase of a decent turbo will cost you about $700.
            600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

false^^

He can go to www.homemadeturbo.com and find someone to make a manifold for him for less than 500. Some of those dudes really have nice products.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I rather have a decent manifold that wont fall apart in a couple of years so i say kamacords right but if you want your turbo hanging you can buy one from ssautochrome which i dont prefer. Thats why i use quality products that way theres no worries.

Comment

why are we discussing a 5th gen accord going turbon in a 4th gen dedicated site? someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought this board was for 4th generation accords.

this isn't a discussion board for all turbo applications, but for those specific to the 4th gen accord.

since i'm not a mod of this section, i'll defer to midnite racer x, and thus not close this thread.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Yeah but we dont discrminate either uncle el so there are many cars on here that dont belong so lets just leave it alone and let them deal with it. Just because its a mcflurry dont mean nothing.

Comment

i dont think this is much of a problem, but w/e, I'm not a mod so I duno.

but I'll keep helping(or trying)

sparkle, who says he has to buy ssac? I never said anything about that. I said to go to hmt, get in contact with one of the fabricators, which all of them make their own products, and some of them have online stores, with quality products, not all of them, but for the most part.

They can make you a custom one, but since you want cheap, ask for a log style manifold, with a dsm flange(tell them what turbo ur using) and that u have an f22bx, not f22a.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                        why are we discussing a 5th gen accord going turbon in a 4th gen dedicated site? someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought this board was for 4th generation accords.

this isn't a discussion board for all turbo applications, but for those specific to the 4th gen accord.

since i'm not a mod of this section, i'll defer to midnite racer x, and thus not close this thread.
                        I own two 4th gens and a 5th gen. They are so close I dont think there is a problem with that.

Comment

where in the new england area are you?
                          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            sparkle, who says he has to buy ssac? I never said anything about that. I said to go to hmt, get in contact with one of the fabricators, which all of them make their own products, and some of them have online stores, with quality products, not all of them, but for the most part.

They can make you a custom one, but since you want cheap, ask for a log style manifold, with a dsm flange(tell them what turbo ur using) and that u have an f22bx, not f22a.

-Jose
                            I think Mr. SSAutoChrome buttraped sparkle as a child...

Anyways, on homemadeturbo theres a sponsor called lsdmotorsports, great guy and great business... also Hotrex seems to be selling good manifolds now but his reputation as the "shipping baron" may make you not want to buy anything from him
                            Chris's Turbo F22 Project (SSAutoChrome)
                            My 93 Honda Civic Turbo Project/Members ride page

Comment

I'll allow this thread to continue because the engine is a common swap into the 4th gen and if he had never said he had a 5th gen it wouldn't have been an issue. He already seems to know the dsm mani doesn't fit and just wants to budget the project low. But I'd like to see alot more research out of you turboaccordlx. You could easily find a turbo parts list with prices so u can decide what u want and what u don't want.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...tom+turbo+list

I think i'm also gonna stop all this SSautochrome talk...always turns into a grudge match
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X