Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would byepass suck up the water in such a short pipe?..cuz if not i can also run it into the fender well and put a small scoop there like somone on here did with there cia

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

that would be better^^ You dont wana go and fuck up your hood, plus, it would look fuckin ricey.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea i here ya, it would be a very small scoop even if it was on the hood tho and i would paint it the color of the car for shure...rice is very imbarrising to me...its just a little more justified when its fully functional tho....my hoods also allready has sumwat large wavy dents in it so i wouldnt mind much cuttin into it befor i get the oem fiberglass one i want for a weight reduction when i get money
        Last edited by Mike; 01-30-2006, 10:46 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

if rain gets in there it would just vapourise, the turbine is spinnin so fast woot!

WaC!

Comment

If your going to cut in a duct for your car get one of the flat filters like the one that is supposed to go in the accord.. It's been so long i almost forgot that it used a flat filter. If you goto advance autoparts they have a k&n filter display to show you how good a k&n is compared to a fram air filter...which is dumb cause we dont even sell fram... get the part number off of that filter and order it. It's like just the right size.

and for those curious i crossed the number from fram over to purolator and tried it... fram and purolator are about the same.

As for the whole water issue on a prelude they use a p trap about 3 inches before the tb.. you could cut one in from a prelude if your worried about it. Just make sure your p trap has a drain..or you'll get water anyway into your turbo...

i dont agree though with westside though cause it's just like crap hitting the fan.. it doesn't vaporize it just goes every were.. and if your turbo is steel it'll rust.. last i checked rust is bad.... but then again i've only seen water hit non hot fans.. i would imagine the turbo gets kinda warm with exhaust gases hitting it...but steam is still water....hmmmm
            WTB:
            88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
            OR
            90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

also remeber that not only is it running in direct contact with the super hot exhaust(water will steam off) but also the turbine is aluminum, and it sucks in not blows out! Unless you drive through mudpuddles, just use the filter when its wet!? Peace!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
              X