Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wideband O2 instead of narrowband sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wideband O2 instead of narrowband sensor.

ive had my wideband installed for a few weeks now. here is the situatio....when i got my exhuast done i did not keep the narrowband sensor, now i only have the wideband and i have a CEL that soemthing is wrong with o2 sensor. how do i make the ecu get a reading from my wideband, i know there is a way to do it for a fact. i am pretty sure i read it here or elsewhere but couldnt find anything when i tired to lookback for it.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    just get a used stock sensor and drill a hole, weld in a bung and boom, it's all good

the only other thing would be to simulate the "ok" resistance, which i don't know ........if you can do that, then radioshack should have whatever resistors you'll need
    This works well http://www.o2sim.com/

Comment

Not sure what wideband you have, but i know most of them have an accessory wire that simulates the factory narrowband o2 signal that you would essentially tap into the propped wire on your ecu... my AEM UEGO has a specific i think white or blue wire just for this reason... it will give your ecu the propper reading its looking for therefore eliminating your CEL and allowing the engine to run at its full potential instead of in limp mode....

Comment

I took my hondata and turned that option off i turned the o2 off altogether

Comment

what management are you using? and what wideband? most have narrowband outs, and you can either turn the o2 heater off in the ecu or put a 10k ohm resistor isntead of the heater to get rid of code 41.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
            what management are you using? and what wideband? most have narrowband outs, and you can either turn the o2 heater off in the ecu or put a 10k ohm resistor isntead of the heater to get rid of code 41.
            uberdata, and zietronix wideband
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

it has a wire that you solder to the ecu that simulates narrowband. I think its the purple wire. Read the instructions, it will say on it.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                it has a wire that you solder to the ecu that simulates narrowband. I think its the purple wire. Read the instructions, it will say on it.
                yeah but what about the other wires. cuz there are 4 wires running from a regular narrowband normally?
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

the stock narrowband has one pair of wires that are the o2 sensor heater, i think those are the black wires. in uberdata you need to disable the o2 sensor heater, that way you can ignore those wires. as has been said you just need to send the signal back into the ecu via the signal wire on the o2 sensor. i wish i had a zeitronix wideband but I am using the Innovate LM-1, and i actually made a plug that is attached to my wideband controller, that I jsut plug intot he stock o2 sensor plug on the engine harness.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                    yeah but what about the other wires. cuz there are 4 wires running from a regular narrowband normally?
                    i think its the purple wire too. But i spoke to him, my advice is the same as ricky's. Cancelling out the 02 heater sends it into open loop which is fine...but his car is far from tuned yet.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

so uberdata doesnt allow you to turn the o2 sensor heater off independantly of anything else? thats pretty crappy! I know Crome and Hondata allow you to do that.

Comment

the older versions had the 02 heater disable, but the newer ones don't. Instead they made a tps/load dependant closed loop cut off
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ill just get a narrowband put in tommorow !
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                          X