Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stock sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock sleeves

So has anybody tested the limits of the f22s stock sleeves. I'm debating about resleeving, but then again, I don't want to have fully built my motor, keep stock sleeves then blow it. I'm going for 400+whp on a t3/t04e turbo. 16psi+. Whatever gets me over 400whp. So does anyone know the limits. No assumptions here. Only experience.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Someone on this site had 15 pounds of boost on their stock block. I believe he went by turbo90accord or fast93... something like that. Personally, I would not go above 10psi
    Last edited by juan; 02-27-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I remember him pushing 15psi, with a vafc i think. He had over 300whp too. Just wondering if anyone has gone over 15psi. I'm looking at 18-20psi.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
        I remember him pushing 15psi, with a vafc i think. He had over 300whp too. Just wondering if anyone has gone over 15psi. I'm looking at 18-20psi.
        18-20 pounds of boost? On your stock block? Hope you got a spare motor.

Comment

yes, a purely stock block. You honestly think I plan on making 400+whp on a stock block?

No, this project starts this summer, about 6000-7000 dollars will be going into the motor and car. Sleeves is the only thing im debating, but I think I might go ahead and do it.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
            yes, a purely stock block. You honestly think I plan on making 400+whp on a stock block?

No, this project starts this summer, about 6000-7000 dollars will be going into the motor and car. Sleeves is the only thing im debating, but I think I might go ahead and do it.
            Sorry, I misread your question. In that case I dont know.

Comment

i think they should be fine, i bored to .040 over and there is still pleanty of steel left in it...should be good for the power, but pistons are first to go~ not sleeves
              my .02
              My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

ok, seems like everyone missed the part where i said ill have a fully built motor except for sleeves. I will have rods/pistons/crank work/headwork the whole works. it just seems sleeves are pretty damn expensive, and if i can know for a fact they will hold, i wont replace them. I guess I'm pretty much saying can I cheap out on sleeves and have them stock, but everything else will be built
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Acclipseh23 is the first one you should ask. Not even gsr blocks have the balls to go that far to be honest they do 300 or 350 and call it quits. I say you can do that but its not so bad its jsut how long will it last before it gets what was the word i believe crankwalk.

Comment

ya sorry man, i missed the part about the built engine, my bad lol. Go for it
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      Acclipseh23 is the first one you should ask. Not even gsr blocks have the balls to go that far to be honest they do 300 or 350 and call it quits. I say you can do that but its not so bad its jsut how long will it last before it gets what was the word i believe crankwalk.
                      not true, i'm seeing 400-600+whp on stock sleeves lately. Theres no telling what ours can do if properly tuned. I probably would sleeve after low 400whp or so. But yea i can get plenty of dynos of stock B and some D sleeves making 400 and above.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

does crankwalk even have anything to do with the sleeves?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          does crankwalk even have anything to do with the sleeves?
                          thats what I was thinking.

Honestly dude, I dont know of anyone whose ever gone as far as this until recently with the F, and theyre not done with thier setups yet IIRC.
                          -Mark-
                          CB7
                          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

because f owners aren't that brave Besides there's like what maybe 2 or 3 f's making over 400whp that we know of so far lol. And no crankwalk has nothing to do with the sleeves. Crankwalk has to do with the thrustbearings being out of clearance.
                            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                              because f owners aren't that brave ...

Comment

Working...
                              X