Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

innovative wideband- will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innovative wideband- will it work?

will this wideband work with chipped p06, how would I datalog, what else would I need? Any help is greatly apreciated!(the full kit is really expensive)
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Innovate-Motorspo...QQcmdZViewItem

WaC!

that is a great wideband and the least expensive one on the market.

Comment

yes it will work, its got everything u need. its has a serial data logging cable which u plug into the unit and into a laptop that is equipped with a serial port. they give u the needed software to log !
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

thats the one i use.
        nm i dont use the stand alone unit

Comment

coo, thanks guys, umm if any body could-please post pics of how to use/hook it up thatd be awesome! I wanna see it from someone with knowledge- or even just explain it to me! Thanks again!

WaC!

Comment

you put it in where hte o2 sensor goes, you put the wideband outputs to your stock harness if your ecu can datalog. if your ecu does not datalog you put narrowband outputs to the stock harness and run something like a gauge or something to view wideband output.

Comment

What all is needed to datalog?
              I have a (mrx)- uberdata chipped p06 and have access to a computer- so now what, just a cable and the wideband I posted above?

On another note I am having trouble- I recently put in my dsm 450cc injectors on my f22a1 and swapped out the pt3-for the p06 ecu and after two min or so of run time it has a solid cel? I reset the ecu and still same? I have stock ngk zrf5-11 plugs and accel 8mm wires, intake and axle back custom exhaust! The car idles at 1.4k-1.5k rpm(warm and cold) and sputters on initial cold startup(was perfect before) also sometimes is very hard to start(lot of turning over) Once in a while idle will quickly die down to an almost complete stop and then settle at 1.4k again? I have tried to pull the CEL but of course it wont go off for me to do that! MRX said he had this problem in his tunning journal, but with a p05 and I have a p06!?! Again all help is greatly appreciated!

WaC!

Comment

Bump!

WaC!

Comment

innovate motorsports is a good set up, i was looking into that and zeitronix w/b o2 sensor...i went with the zeitronix. If you have access to a computer, you can spend a lil over 200 and just plug it directly into your laptop, so you wouldnt need to buy an extra screen (like the handheld thing), and just see it on your computer. It works great! I am impressed with it, very easy to use! I would recommened it over innovate, my .02
                  My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

o and ur problem, is the car running rich? Like 450cc injectors on a stock f22a1 seems kinda excessive, and maybe your map is a little rich, just wondering...
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

umm make sure all cylinders are firing, gap the sparkplugs correctly and get colder ones.
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

OK I am not "turboed" just trying to take the proper steps! I have zfr5..plugs and want the best I can for boost, but none explains in detail what type to use they simply say 1 step colder, huh? I bought zfr6's and a couple of people told me they were crap, so I ask the question of what to run and they say BKR7's which are non existent around here so what now? what about bcp6-11 or whatever? I am stumped and cannot afford to pay duty and shipping and taxes on a set of frikkin plugs damn duty, damn you all to helll! Any way I already said it is running rich! But why would it idle at 1400rpm and why the constant cel? Cant even check it! Once the car is warm it is good and have very little stumbles any where in the rpm range! I am watching my local wreckers for civics with p06's so I can try that if I have to! Also MRX if you read this I think I am gonna try a new eprom chip due to the cel, and if that isnt the problem Ill try something else!

-Why the constant cel?
                        --could be bad eprom, bad ecu, or ........anyone?

-What can I do to lower idle?
                        --Is it just some adjustments in uberdata to fix this? And then Ill prob need either a reburn or new chip anyway?!?!

-Would 450's and p06.... need step colder plugs and why!?
                        I am still learning! So please no flaming! THanks!

WaC!

Comment

a solid cel means bad chip or bad solder job or bad ecu.

and as far as innovate to zeitronix, i would go innovate over zietronix, $200 and the fact that the innovate is more widely supported than the zeitronix by software....or you spend $250 on ebay and get the AEM with gauge.

Comment

i didnt really all just skimmed but

if ur not turboed yet running the 450's with chipped p06 with a basemap for turbo. Its prolly dumping to much gas which it would be running way the F to rich

maybe
                            Buy From
                            http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

Comment

if my guess is right, it idels high because the motor has to "rev up" to get the extra gas out.

thats my guess
                              Buy From
                              http://www.rld-fab.com

Great Manifolds,Down pipes,Ect.

Comment

Working...
                              X