Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how much boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92ex
    we have no idea how much the f22 can handle stock...
    A valid point...

i still say at least 10psi for the h22 stock bottom end though

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

6psi would be kake for an h22.. 10 would be a good number to make some good HP ... but you better have it tuned really well with a standalone...(aka.. no FMU bullshit ) TUNNING IS YOUR FRIEND!

Comment

Well, everyone can go on and on and argue about how much each engine has. But in the end, its not about how much it can hold, its about how long it can hold it. an h22 CAN hold moer than 10psi, shit, even 15. But again, its a matter of how long it can hold it, which all depends on how safe the tune is, how bad you rip on it and the initial condition of your engine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

just a side note:

if given a choice to build on i would DEFINITLY pick the F22 over the H22 (dollar/hp). for reasons i have argued time and time again on this board and every other

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

OH, and about the Mahle stuff... get out your reading glasses! but this is all you need to know about the "non sleeving" pistons...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1406865

Comment

I dunno, I'm not a fan of turbo'd stock h22s, theres a couple of them running around here, but I don't trust the reliability/longevity of the motor. To each his own.

WOOT WOOT 1000 posts
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yea i think i would agree w/most when said, "if you wanna make boosting an h22 worth it you should sleeve the block" and 10 psi unsleeved would be a safe level "but for how long is the real question"as d112crzy says, in which there isnt an answer untill your motor takes a shit. i think ill wait untill i can afford new pistons and sleeves along with a good p&p.

Comment

but now that weve covered the whole sleeving thing; whats all this crap about crankwalk i keep hearin about? isnt there a way to safegaurd against this?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    just a side note:

if given a choice to build on i would DEFINITLY pick the F22 over the H22 (dollar/hp). for reasons i have argued time and time again on this board and every other
                    I totally agree.
                    I will help this quote:when u blow your h22 good luck trying to find,rebuild,and afford another one. but with are f22's we can go to grocery store and get one,and there so much more easier to tune.
                    enough said about that.
                    Last edited by chicago; 03-10-2006, 07:19 AM. Reason: im dumb
                    www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                    www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                    1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                    2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                    3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                    4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Originally posted by cincy90h22
                      but now that weve covered the whole sleeving thing; whats all this crap about crankwalk i keep hearin about? isnt there a way to safegaurd against this?
                      I have only heard things about crankwalk on 1st and 2nd gen eclipse,s
                      thats just my 2 pennies-haha.
                      www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                      www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                      1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                      4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Working...
                      X