Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how much boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• porc933
    replied
    Bottom line is the sleeves are thin. If you not going to run in a safe low boost zone, then no you don't need sleeve. If you want to run higher psi then you need sleeves. Big price diffrence sleeves will hurt your wallet more then just lower compression pistion. Just go w/ what your instinct and wallet tell you.
    Oh and post lost a pics and dyno sheets.

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    Originally posted by porc933
    I thought everyone was afraid of the sleeves b/c they are aluminum
    There not just aluminum..they are fiber-reinforced metal (FRM). Its probably stronger than iron (and definitly a lot less friction). The only drawback is that they are super thin, which is why they have a bad rep

Leave a comment:

• chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by porc933
    I thought everyone was afraid of the sleeves b/c they are aluminum and not steel they can't take that much boost. And if you mess it up you have to put sleeves in b/c you can't bore them. That's what Honda Tuning said, you can bore but it's not anything worth bragging about and there are not a whole lot of shops w/ the equipment to do it. IMO, if you're looking to make real power just sleeve the block, even if you run lower compression pistons that still doesn't mean the sleeves will be able to take the heat.
    Thats exactly what honda tunning said.

Leave a comment:

• porc933
    replied
    I thought everyone was afraid of the sleeves b/c they are aluminum and not steel they can't take that much boost. And if you mess it up you have to put sleeves in b/c you can't bore them. That's what Honda Tuning said, you can bore but it's not anything worth bragging about and there are not a whole lot of shops w/ the equipment to do it. IMO, if you're looking to make real power just sleeve the block, even if you run lower compression pistons that still doesn't mean the sleeves will be able to take the heat.

Leave a comment:

• Accord R33
    replied
    I say 10 reliably. the H22 sleeves are probably just as strong if not stronger than the F22 sleeves. its the rings you have to worry about

Leave a comment:

• chicago
    replied
    Originally posted by westsideaccord
    Yep, probably get away with a safe 5psi tuned, maybe more but you may do some serious damage if your not carefull! They are making new pistons for h22 that lower compression for boost, without resleeving! If I still go that route, Ill def be using them! (I dont remeber who)
    www.mahle.com Thats who it is. It almost makes me want to get an H22. no just playing.

they will tell u every thing u need to know the article was in honda tunning march and a little in april

IT,S THE SHIT.

I have not went to it so i don,t know im staying single. if they dont tell u all the info i got both mags ill be happy to try to help.
    Last edited by chicago; 03-09-2006, 09:18 AM. Reason: Im dumb

Leave a comment:

• westsideaccord
    replied
    Yep, probably get away with a safe 5psi tuned, maybe more but you may do some serious damage if your not carefull! They are making new pistons for h22 that lower compression for boost, without resleeving! If I still go that route, Ill def be using them! (I dont remeber who)

Leave a comment:

• 92ex
    replied
    the compressoin and sleeves and rings is what you need to be worried about. No more then 6 psi. But that depends on the turbo

Leave a comment:

• N1ghtM0nkey
    replied
    The compression ratio isn't what scares me, it's the sleeves' tendancy to crack that scares me.

Leave a comment:

• cincy90h22
    started a topic how much boost?

how much boost?

How much boost can you safley push to a stock jdm h22 bottom end? anyone know? Ive got a turbo but I dont know if i want to install it with out building my bottom, depending on how much boost I can push to it. id probably have to change out my stage 2 cams back to stock because of the high compression ratio right? any input would be appriecated.
Working...
X