Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cool turbo calulator tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool turbo calulator tool

Read read read, and use this to see which Garrett turbo is a match, or to get the airflow numbers to check how our engines will run on other turbos...

For the record, it appears that the "60" trim is teh sex...I imagine the more popular 57 trim not being too far from the 60. I think the small 16G is about the same as the 57/60 trim T3...I can't wait to go through with this...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

lol, nice find, but I think caleb(Clueless) might have posted this already, or maybe him and I were just talking about it, lol. i dont remember.

either way, yea, the 60 trim is pretty nice for the goals I want, but you gota remember, even tho it may be t3h sex for you, it might not be for someone else. Some people might want other things.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I dunno...the 60 trim has a wide range of boost levels it can operate under. It's a much better match for our motors than the 14b/T25 for sure...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

grrr...i was hoping no one would find that. Its best to be able to do the calculations manually then the calculator would do you good. But you do see how the t25 and 14b are worthless at about 5200rpm now huh?

U should check out my t04e 50trim. Perfectly efficient from 5100-6500rpm under 10psi. Also notice how trim size has nothing to do with the size of the map in most cases.
        Last edited by MRX; 03-19-2006, 02:08 PM.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          grrr...i was hoping no one would find that. Its best to be able to do the calculations manually then the calculator would do you good. But you do see how the t25 and 14b are worthless at about 5200rpm now huh?

U should check out my t04e 50trim. Perfectly efficient from 5100-6500rpm under 10psi. Also notice how trim size has nothing to do with the size of the map in most cases.
          Yea, I did the calculations on my own, then got frustrated and yahoo'd "Turbo Calculator". Isn't all you really need to know the boost level you want, a rough estimate of airflow when you want boost to begin, and the airflow on boost at redline?

And yea, I'm starting to dislike the little DSM turbos more and more...ya gotta remember, for whatever reason the 4g63 needs more boost and creates more heat to make the same amount of power. The t04e's are cool, but on a budget a custom mani is not...there are DSM t3 mani's readily available, so...

Comment

Eh. to that calculator. Manual math pwns all. Just do it on your day off, it may give you a headache.

EDIT: There are plenty of other T3 manifolds available besides the T3 DSMs.

Comment

But will those manifolds fit on our heads? That is the question.

And for some reason my calculations came out a lot different than that site's...I got "peak" airflow being about 30-34lb/min (which seems kinda high) vs. the site's ~25lb/min. Considering that the 14b dies off around 20lb/min at ~10psi I think the site might be more reasonable. Remember, everything you're putting in is an estimate anyway...I think the calculator might be more consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                Yea, I did the calculations on my own, then got frustrated and yahoo'd "Turbo Calculator". Isn't all you really need to know the boost level you want, a rough estimate of airflow when you want boost to begin, and the airflow on boost at redline?

And yea, I'm starting to dislike the little DSM turbos more and more...ya gotta remember, for whatever reason the 4g63 needs more boost and creates more heat to make the same amount of power. The t04e's are cool, but on a budget a custom mani is not...there are DSM t3 mani's readily available, so...

these are compressor maps not exhaust manifold maps. Remember, the term t3/t04 means t3 exhaust, and t4 compressor housing. Its called hybrid for a reason...best of both worlds

Also, if u can't do the calculations manually then u won't fully understand what your looking at. Thats why its to do them manually first like u have
                Last edited by MRX; 03-19-2006, 03:16 PM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                  these are compressor maps not exhaust manifold maps. Remember, the term t3/t04 means t3 exhaust, and t4 compressor housing. Its called hybrid for a reason...best of both worlds

Also, if u can't do the calculations manually then u won't fully understand what your looking at. Thats why its to do them manually first like u have
                  True...there should be a quiz that would unlock the calculator...

But wouldn't changing the turbine futz with the speed, and consequently, change the whole map? If I threw a T67 turbine on the t4 compressor I don't think boost would ever come...

Comment

True...there should be a quiz that would unlock the calculator...

But wouldn't changing the turbine futz with the speed, and consequently, change the whole map? If I threw a T67 turbine on the t4 compressor I don't think boost would ever come...
                    well its just an estimate. You control how soon and how far through the powerband you want to boost with the size of the exhaust turbine. The good thing is u don't have to guess which size exhaust housing u want because u can research ppl's setups not only here but all around the internet and see how soon or how late power comes in and falls off based on their exhaust housing a/r and size.

Comment

But will those manifolds fit on our heads? That is the question.
                      My old setup used a redrilled DSM T3 manifold but space was tight. I went custom, its pretty cheap to do so. Buy the parts and route it. Take it a muffler shop for welding. Whole thing shouldnt exceed 250 if planned properly. Right now I have a OBX rammy, its awesome! It deletes p/s and a/c. And the WG placement is anything but ideal.

Comment

You know what I was thinking of doing? What is under the intake manifold? I was thinking of using the stock headers and putting the turbo under there. The only things I can think that might be there are transmission stuff and possibly A/C stuff...yes, no, yes? Heat wrap ftw...and getting/making a flange for any turbo= not at all a problem. What you guys think?

Comment

i think if ur goin to go to that much trouble to relocate a turbo near there, u should just get a civic radiator and relocate the turbo towards the front of the car it would be a much better place for it. plus i don't think there is really much room to play with under the intake man.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                            i think if ur goin to go to that much trouble to relocate a turbo near there, u should just get a civic radiator and relocate the turbo towards the front of the car it would be a much better place for it. plus i don't think there is really much room to play with under the intake man.
                            I just need enough room for the turbo, man.

Comment

I just need enough room for the turbo, man.

Its not that hard. Civic radiator and some imagination.

Comment

Working...
                              X