Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

trannys for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trannys for boost

so guys i have a f22b and im about to turbo it. now i really wanted the H tranny for shorter gearing because i just want it to be quick im not trying to mob way top speed now sense i really need a new tranny should i take the F tranny for a 100bucks or just wait and try to find a H tranny
    www.2camcrew.com

You can run an H23 tranny on there. Best of both worlds it sits right in between the F and the H22 trans.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      You can run an H23 tranny on there. Best of both worlds it sits right in between the F and the H22 trans.
      i would cuz i think thats what my motor needs but i dont have one avilble and dont know the pricing on it
      www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Well i ahve a f22a tranny and a turbo charged f22b. I still cant beleive my tranny hasent died yet, or I havent snaped an axle, i guess its becuase she hasent seen the track yet this year. There are 2 debatable advantages to haveing a f22a trans. One is becuase of the longer gear ratios you can keep traction with out braking tires loose, also known as the chirps when you shift. Remember when your puttin down major horses a chirp is more like a second or 2 of tire spin. The other is becuase of the longer gear ratios, you can exstend time in your power band. Remember most boosted accords are running low torque making dsm turbos. If you have a big ass mother fucking turbo you need a shorter gear transmision to get to boost or you will never see it when at a race.

Comment

so what have we learned
          If your running a dsm set up, you will be faster at the track with a f22a trans
          If your running a BFT you will want to get your hands on a h22a trans
          This is the reason why v8 sports cars have long gears, so they can utilize their power bands, which a high torque low rpm. This is also why higher reving cars tend to have more then 4 gears. So they can utilize the higher end of there powerband

If it was up to me I would in vest in a h22a tranny with lsd. Just cuz I would enjoy it on the street more.

On a side note I have 3 turbo manifolds at my house looking for new owners. One for dsm, one for a remote located t3, one thats a ram horn t4. If your intrested.
          Last edited by CBL; 04-06-2006, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Kinda disagree with ya CBL, the gearing for transmissions should more be based on where you shift on that transmission, what rpms that puts you in while racing, and where your powerband is. h22 trans is usually not the way to go with a good size turbo, look at Accord SIR
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

thats why i don't want f22 tranny cuz i have a .60 trim with ram horn manifold and im shooting for 300tq but later in the summer i wanna get 35r so it will spool quicker i think im gonna go with F and save 600
              www.2camcrew.com

Comment

last i heard turbos like long gears, and the f23 has the longest.

Comment

I honestly do not like the H23 trans - it tops out at 140 while my F22a trans has seen 155 and wasnt done yet. Also city driving, my F22 trans I work 1st,2nd and 3rd in the city while on the H23 trans gotta go to 4th to keep rpms lower. ANother comparison is highway cruising, noticable higher revs with the H23 trans.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

I love the h23 trans, I rode in h23accords car with the h23 trans, I think it has the best gearing. I want one, but it's not something worth spending money on when you have a perfectly good tranny. So the h23 tops out at 140mph, if you haven't beaten the person by then, give up
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      I love the h23 trans, I rode in h23accords car with the h23 trans, I think it has the best gearing. I want one, but it's not something worth spending money on when you have a perfectly good tranny. So the h23 tops out at 140mph, if you haven't beaten the person by then, give up
                      its a rare case that anyone manages to beat me at that speed. 140 is enough for me plys i like crusing at lower rpms on the highway. everything i said was factual, and it is up to him to make a decision from the info he gets. all you are sayin 92ex is that h23 trans has "best gearing" ....

....what is best gearing?
                      ....best gearing for what, drag, auto-x, top speed?
                      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Does the F23 5spd tranny have the best gearing for cruising speeds(lower=better)? For turbo? Highway?
                        At 65mph my F22a tranny is revving at 3000(+)(fifth gear) And I wouldnt mind it being a little lower like 2500!!! All the roads round here(highways) are 110km/h!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                          Does the F23 5spd tranny have the best gearing for cruising speeds(lower=better)? For turbo? Highway?
                          At 65mph my F22a tranny is revving at 3000(+)(fifth gear) And I wouldnt mind it being a little lower like 2500!!! All the roads round here(highways) are 110km/h!
                          that doesnt sound right, im doing 3100rpms at 80mph
                          h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                          New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

well i have a h22a lsd tranny on my f22a dsm turbo motor i dont know but all i know is on rollin run in first gear i get no traction and second is like crazy but i still manage to rip a g35 and 350z from rollinng start in second gear the gears are pretty nice but its all in your preference you need to figure out wnat kind of racing you do more like freeway racing or drag racing. But i still think the h22a tranny was pretty good the fact i can accelerate so quickly to speed but yea its all what you guys like

Comment

I use the H23 trans with my F22 motor. I absolutely love it. Gears are close together. If i shift at 7000rpm rpms fall between 5000-5500 in the next gear. I love it... However cruisin on the highway at like 70mph i'm at like 3500rpm... and i use larger then stock tire size... I can hit about 120mph in 4th gear at about 7200rpm.
                              12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                              11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                              F22a1
                              60-1 td06h turbo
                              Darton mid sleeves
                              85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                              Crower pro billet rods
                              Custom ported head.
                              KMS valves
                              F23 headgasket
                              ARP H23 headstuds
                              H23 upper intake manifold
                              F22a6 lower intake manifold
                              Intake manifold is gutted
                              AEM EMS 1040u
                              FIC 850cc injectors
                              Walbro 255 pump
                              H23 manual trans
                              Prelude shifter assembly
                              Forbidden short throw
                              Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Working...
                              X