Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Questions For MY TURBO SETUP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions For MY TURBO SETUP!

so...i never thought i would do this...but i found a BITCHIN deal on a 90' laser. it was my buddys car and it was just totaled. he was pushing 14psi by the time it was totaled....so he needs it gone, most likely i am going to take it next weekend, obviously i have just about everything i need to do my swap. i would be happy with 8-10psi(its a dd) and basically a stock motor. so since the interals will be stock(on about 150,000 miles) should i go ahead and do the setup? how long will it last on daily driving before it goes BOOM!

like i said i would LOVE to do this..but im worried about blowing something up!

so should i use this stuff on the accord? orr just sell all the stuff?

-Ramon

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Dude use it man, if its free even better!! Do a compresion test first just to make sure everything is sealed correctly. Also only run 4 to 5 pounds and it will last forever. If you really push boost than you can have problems.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

4-5 psi dosent sound too exciting though! buahahah

Comment

what turbo, is it internally gated, and definitely do more then 4psi. What the hell is the point of a turbo if you only do 4psi?
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Stock is 10-11 psi, I do believe. That means the engine is meant to handle that. First check compression and make sure its good to go, if not, you've got some work to do.

Comment

i belive it is 10-12 stock..and yes there is NO point of me doing all this work and put in 450cc injectors if im only running 4psi..i could blow harder then that!

Comment

Sorry guys, but the stock talon/laser and eclipse only gated for 8psi(t-25 or 14b turbos). And if you are scared to blow shit up, well you better just leave youre car stock! I didnt research enough or know much about turbos, and went ahead and blew up, twice but I still laughed(on the outside!)
              If by chance it has an 16g or an upgraded turbo then you may be laughing! Really all you need from the car is the Exhaust mani, the turbo and o2 dump, wastegate and bov, and maybe the charge pipes, the 450 injectors and could use the smic, but not recommended (hard as hell to fit nicely) Also you may be able to extend the dsm downpipe for to fit the accord! IDK!

WaC!

Comment

idk....looks like i will part out the WHOLE car......im looking at a BMW right now...so i may be cb7less soon........so it may just get a tune up,tint,alarm and mabe a few other things..thanks guys!

Comment

part out the laser that is......

Comment

Working...
                  X