Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo question

my friend has a new EVO 8 and he is wanting to sell me his stock turbo, boost controller, blow-off valve, intercooler, and an aftermarket turbo timer all for $160 ... yes no type-o $160!!! i know its a hell of a deal and im gonna take it and part it out if i cant use the parts on my CB7 and that brings me to my question. Could i use any of these parts on my stock F22A1 engine? and if so what manifold would i use?

omg!! 160 is huge deal. the turbo alone is worth a little less than that! fucking do it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

as long as the turbo and manifold aren't one piece, then yes. You can basically use ANY turbo on your motor, it's just a matter of efficiency. Even if you couldn't use those parts on your car, you could resell them for a profit. My brain is fried right now cause I just woke up, but doesn't the evo8 turbo bolt up to the dsm manifolds? Go SEARCH because I am to lazy to do it right now
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Its a 4g63 engine so yes! Buy that shite, its extremely good deal!

WaC!

Comment

yeah im definatly buying it all its a hell of a deal i know that for sure. im new to the forced induction stuff so i just wanted to know. and i try to search most of the time but i guess i dont put in the right key words or some shit cause i always get usless crap. thanks thou guys

Comment

de rien!
            http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ch_center.html

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              Beautiful link!!! Why didn't u tell me about it sooner! lol
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

lol, I thought you of all people would know about it. i've posted it a few times before too.lol

Comment

i think the evo8 manifolds are different then then the 1st and 2nd gen, even though its a 4g63 - the new head is different from the older. iwas under the same impression as well but after talking to a bunch of tri-state tuner evo guys at sema. also the turbo in them is a new twin-scroll big 16 which is very nice.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

evo3 manifolds work and outflow ported 2nd gen manifolds. You can get them for farely decent price if you look around
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                      evo3 manifolds work and outflow ported 2nd gen manifolds. You can get them for farely decent price if you look around
                      tru, but the evo8's twn scroll is a different flange. It may bolt up, but the ports (turbo to manifold) are different arent they?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                        tru, but the evo8's twn scroll is a different flange. It may bolt up, but the ports (turbo to manifold) are different arent they?
                        He said EVO 3, not 8

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          He said EVO 3, not 8
                          the original poster? naw he said 8

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            the original poster? naw he said 8
                            I know. i was talking about 92ex

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

twin scroll 16g would be quite interesting tho...pretty sure there's an adapter plate on one of the dsm sites for that conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X