Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo Parts Prices? What do you think?:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Parts Prices? What do you think?:

Can you guys give me an opinion on these prices?

Thanks>>>>

dsm 450cc injectors for $40 shipped

2g dsm turbo manifold redrilled for f22aX $40shipped

1g dsm BOV: $30 shipped

custom downpipe with flex pipe in it: $120 shipped

megan testpipe and megan racing exhaust 2.5in piping all the way back: $200 shipped

dsm sidemount intercooler: $25 shipped because its a little banged up

ive got a t25 on there with no shaft play but it did leak a little oil into the charge piping, it worked great for me... so if you want it ill sell it cheap $80 shipped

if you want the t25 it has all the oil feed and return lines, coolant feed and return lines. just need a brass fitting for the oil pan for the return line

all good prices except for the downpipe... a lil pricey
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

You're selling something so it should go in the classifieds section.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

No, I'm not selling anything. This is a quote from a message I got.

Comment

All ok IMO, EXCEPT DONT use a sidemount its very hard to mount efficiently, just source an fmic!!!

WaC!

Comment

Thanks bro. I'm thinking FMIC.

Comment

And don't buy a t25, especially one that needs to be rebuilt.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Why not a t25? What would you suggest?

Comment

They're too small and i don't think 1 f22 has lasted over 2 months with that small a turbo. They cause way too much heat even at very low boost levels. At the very least get a 16g. It'll combine both power, quick spool, and alot less heat for our motor

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                    All ok IMO, EXCEPT DONT use a sidemount its very hard to mount efficiently, just source an fmic!!!
                    i have a sidemount (kinda) that has been mounted as a top mount...it isnt a dsm unit, it is from a probe, but it is VERY EFFICANT! I hooked it to a datalogging program and the charged air cooled to about 84 degrees when i was on the highway~ compaired to the outside air which was about 72 ish...

it isnt as hard as you would think to make it efficant, and plus i dont need to worry about rocks smoking into it when i am driving and causing leaks...

just my .02
                    My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                      They're too small and i don't think 1 f22 has lasted over 2 months with that small a turbo. They cause way too much heat even at very low boost levels. At the very least get a 16g. It'll combine both power, quick spool, and alot less heat for our motor
                      I've seen a 5th gen with a t25 last for over a year and still going strong. But for power sake, dont get it
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                        I've seen a 5th gen with a t25 last for over a year and still going strong. But for power sake, dont get it
                        yea i've seen that too but that like 1 out of how many lol?

Comment

Exactly, the t25 is smaller than the 14b and even the 14b isnt so generous for our engines, Right now Im aquireing a 16g which is best for my app!
                          Also High C the intercooler you have is mounted in the engine bay, with a "hood scoop" right!?> So if you could put it to where the air first enters the front of the car it would be even more efficient right? And the hot air isnt directly behind it but through say a radiator or sumthin!
                          If your worried about rocks, then use mesh its real cheap at HD. Gutter guard is like 14bux or less!
                          Last edited by westsideaccord; 05-02-2006, 06:03 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! All of it is totally helping me out!

Comment

I got a kit for you!!!

Will's Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X