Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Intercooler Size Do You Have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines a 20x9x2.75", but I actually measured it a while back and its closer to 2.5" thick.
    Its a cheapo ebay one but has worked well, and for under 200 shipped, a great buy. Came with mounting tabs, 4 bolt hole locations and a bunch of random brackets, and fully polished, sure was a shame to scuff it up and paint it, but o'well. It's made by some company in Canada, forgot the name now, it was one of the first parts I bought back in 2002. L8r
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

i believe mine is 20-6-3.5
      The endtanks are on the top/bottom... it works a lot better then the side/side style... Its not about the length of a row, but the number of rows you can have. I think mine has around 25 rows...
      I've done a lot of datalogging, and on a hot summer day at the dragstrip, my intake temp will start around 100degrees, and by the time i'm at the end of the track in the topend of 4th gear its only 127degrees farenheight. When its not super hot it will go to about 120degrees in the topend... i've never had it at the track in cool weather, but logs show it will stay well below 100...but i'll see eventually.
      12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
      11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
      F22a1
      60-1 td06h turbo
      Darton mid sleeves
      85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
      Crower pro billet rods
      Custom ported head.
      KMS valves
      F23 headgasket
      ARP H23 headstuds
      H23 upper intake manifold
      F22a6 lower intake manifold
      Intake manifold is gutted
      AEM EMS 1040u
      FIC 850cc injectors
      Walbro 255 pump
      H23 manual trans
      Prelude shifter assembly
      Forbidden short throw
      Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Intercooler

Mine is 32x12x3, currently boosting 12psi on stock f22a1. I got a full boost under 2500 rpm.

Comment

Working...
        X