Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

charge piping with AC, PS, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charge piping with AC, PS, etc

as the title states.... ive spent a good amount of time going over the turbo engine pics sticky, as well as searching (only found one similar post which referred me back to hte sticky ) so i wouldnt have to post this, but oh well... anyways....

can someone who has all their AC components/ power steering components still installed post up a good pic of how you routed the piping? either that or just give me a quick explanation? i was test fitting the charge piping today and cant figure out the best way to run the hot side piping without bumping into something. i know a few of you guys have functioning setups...

thanks in advance for the help/flaming...-brendan
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

go to my members ride in the sig and you'll see
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

alright thanks man, you and eric seemed to stick out in my mind as two of the people i remembered having those setups... thanks
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

ps, did you have to get rid of your windshield fluid reservoirs? or get a smaller universal one from autozone, etc?
        Last edited by bresk8r87; 06-22-2006, 09:39 PM.
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

My question is, is it possible to have a FMIC and OEM fogs? The charge piping for almost all setups I've seen use that space.

Comment

i have all of mine. really wasnt any issues. ill take pics for you tomorrow my members ride page pics are all messed up. it more a matter of the manifold fitting around everything more than the charge pipes. had to move some ac lines around and the horns but nothing too bad. slim line fans are your friend when wanting more room.
            Last edited by midnightrayne; 06-25-2006, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
              My question is, is it possible to have a FMIC and OEM fogs? The charge piping for almost all setups I've seen use that space.
              i believe so...ask h23accord
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Adam (h23accord) and I both have completely different charge pipe setups and we both retained our oem fogs. He kept his power steering as well, which my setup won't allow. L8r
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                  x2

I just wanna see a 92-93 with oem fogs & a front mount. I think i only seen 90-91's with these setups. Is it more easier for the charge piping to get around since the 90-91 fogs are somewhat slimmer and the brackets aren't really huge compared to the 92-93s?
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

i try to keep my fog with a CCA intercooler on my 93 cb7... you can't unless you modify the endtanks. But with a starion intercooler I bet it's possible if you take the piping from under the rad support.

Comment

yeah but then youd run into fitment issues with the crossmember/other components... then again most of the t3 setups on here have it going down in that area...maybe its easier than it looks...
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

all my piping

I didnt know exactly what you were looking for so i think i got it all if there is something else just let me know.

Comment

rayne, no P/S but you've still got the pump? haha

thanks!

it'll help me alot if i decide to move on to a t3 setup a little down the road...
                          1993 CB7
                          2001 BB6

Comment

I am runnin my charge pipes with oem fogs, I think I am going to wind up trimming a small piece of each bracket so its not rubbing on my pipes. And I made my own brackets to move my I/c as far back to the frame of the car as possible, that helps ALOT. and i qm just going up where the windshield washer reservoir was and across to the turbo, like prodigymb i'll try and get you some pics soon. I DON'T have A/c but i guess i could have left it with the way i ran my piping but i am using the area to make another front motor mount
                            Previous cb7members ride thread
                            86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                              ps, did you have to get rid of your windshield fluid reservoirs? or get a smaller universal one from autozone, etc?
                              yeah i just got rid of it, and routed the pipe through the hole it used to sit in enlarged. it just seemed the easiest with dsm manifold and 16g.
                              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                              X