Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f20a boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20a boost.

i just wanted to know how much i can push on a 14b safely? i have a f20a dohc, front mount intercooler, 450cc injectors and getting it dynotuned with a s-afc2 as soon as my car gets done... can i do 12 psi safely or is that pushing it?
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

I thought you had a chipped ecu... I would say 10psi max with the 14b, too small and too much heat. And your getting a front mount now?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah with a front mount i can only do 10 psi? my ecu is chipped and i got the safc on top of it also.

Comment

IMO theres no real need for the safc......just get the chipped ecu dyno tuned and itl be fine...

and 10 psi isnt even the greatest idea w/ a 14b....id stick w/ the stock wastegate setting 7.5-8 ........but go ahead w/ 10 if you want

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

i agree with mike. 10 psi with that little snail is going to make a lot of extra heat. its gotta spin like crazy to make that kinda boost. after all, better safe than sorry.

Comment

arent they most efficient at 15 psi?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
              14bs??????

no

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

if you got a chipped ecu already, theres no need for the SAFC.
                i would start tunning on 8psi then if you got really good tune on 8psi i would tune at 8psi

good luck on the boost project

Comment

maybe on the chevy corsica 3 cylinder motor. Our motor is too big for the 14b to be anywhere near efficient. come on now
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

my grandma had a corsica.... 3 cyl FTW!
                    1993 CB7
                    2001 BB6

Comment

hmm im gonna do 10 psi for the hell of it anyways lol

Comment

got the car back from the shop, the turbine housing is ported (i bought it from bullseye performance), o2 housing ported, 3 inch exhaust, no cat. not tuned yet but its pushing 10-11 psi right now... i cant turn the boost down anymore, will my car last at 10 or 11 if i pour in octane booster every fill up and good tuning?

Comment

got the car back from the shop, the turbine housing is ported (i bought it from bullseye performance), o2 housing ported, 3 inch exhaust, no cat. not tuned yet but its pushing 10-11 psi right now... i cant turn the boost down anymore, will my car last at 10 or 11 if i pour in octane booster every fill up and good tuning?
                          just dont boost on it at all. Disconnect a chargepipe completely for added safety.

Comment

?

Comment

Working...
                            X