Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

NooB fuel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NooB fuel ?

am doing my research b4 boosting, i got a question.

i see alot of boosted mod list but nothing about fuel management.
    so thats my question right there, you upgrade fuel rail, fpr,fuel pump and get some nice 450cc or whatever. now our cars(NA) or map only reads vacuum , so how come the cars dont run lean under boost?? or how do you get the engine to see the boost and add more fuel accordiling(sp)? what am i missing here?

also how good is a manual FMU?? as a fuel management.

thnx for help guys.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

if you see chipped ecu then they reprogram the ecu to be able to see up to 11psi of boost.

Comment

chipped ecu and 450's and youre set.

programs like uberdata let you write out your cars ign/fuel tables
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
        if you see chipped ecu then they reprogram the ecu to be able to see up to 11psi of boost.
        only 11psi? are you sure? I'm pretty sure you can change the bar on it and run 3bar
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          only 11psi? are you sure? I'm pretty sure you can change the bar on it and run 3bar

this here brings another question, when ecu is chipped, then what sensor is used to read the boost(maP)??

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
          Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

the map sensor reads boost, and I am VERY sure that honda Map sensors are good to around 11psi.

just cause you can change the spec of the sensor on teh computer doesnt mean it works differently. you can change the settings to compensate for a 3bar map that you install instead of the hodna one.

Comment

Originally posted by v4lu3s
              the map sensor reads boost, and I am VERY sure that honda Map sensors are good to around 11psi.
              that is correct but with some nice tuning we got my car to run at 14-15psi on stock map. after 11psi tho you really are supposed to use a 3bar gm map sensor.
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

default in UD is 1.75 bar, i think you can set it to read up to 3 bar though, but im sure the factory MAP senesor wont go that high
                1993 CB7
                2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                  that is correct but with some nice tuning we got my car to run at 14-15psi on stock map. after 11psi tho you really are supposed to use a 3bar gm map sensor.

were you getting the boost reading from the Map sensor? cause every car I ahve seen would get a code 3 at 11-12 psi...that is when the boost gauge was reading right near the map sensor or past it....

Comment

My boost gauge would read over 15 (spikes) at times with the reading coming from the IM using the stock MAP tuned with Uber. If going over 10.7 (what the stock MAP will read) I'd suggest going with the Motorola 2.5 bar map, or a GM 3 bar so the voltages are correct at the higher boost levels and it reads what it's supposed to.

As for the original question, you don't necessarily NEED a new FPR, rail or pump. The stock pump can flow quite a bit, but it's a good idea to go with something like a Walbro 255lph to be more on the safe side. The other stock stuff (rail and regulator) are fine unless you're looking for HUGE boost levels and power.
                    1993 Prelude S
                    F22A1
                    custom'ish turbo setup
                    180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
                    18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
                    currently being rebuilt

Comment

Working...
                    X