Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Fuel system, ECU and Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel system, ECU and Tuning

I'm in the process of setting up a turbo as you guys know and I'm now on the fuel system and ecu, I've read a lot about needing a high pressure fuel pump, I'm only going to be running 8 psi, also I was wondering if 390cc injectors are fine as I bought a used turbo setup and it's including 390cc injectors not 450cc's so I was also wondering about that.

Also what about a wideband o2, would I be smart to get one of those or an a/f gauge or what do you recommend here?

Now about the ECU, I've read a lot about different setups and I've been told a lot of different things so I was wondering if anyone could clear it all up for me.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

8spi on what turbo? if it's a smaller one, 390cc injectors and stock fuel pump will probably be fine. If you get your injectors up to %80 duty cycle, then your gonna want to start thinking about upgrading.

what do you want to know about ecus?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

It's a 14b dsm turbo, how would I get my injectors up the %80 duty cycle and what does that mean?

For ECU's I need to know what I need pretty much

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?

we've all had to do it.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Searching only helps for small things, I've already read about ecu's but I need some human talking input someone who knows what I'm doing and can help me. I've read about the afc hack, Zydane, ect but I don't know what I need and whats best for me.

Comment

for tuning, the most economical, however not so straight forward route is a chipped po6 ecu, chip burner, laptop, wideband o2 is essential, getting an a/f gauge is only part of it. other stuff its all on here read the tuning section. forums.pgmfi.org is where youll want to start reading about, download uberdata, crome,etc and start getting familiar with it, also the wiki on pgmfi has ALL the info you need on tuning. xenocron.com and moates.com are some good sites for supplies.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

isn't a wideband o2 a a/f sensor thus meaning I don't need an a/f gauge and I've been told many times a/f gauges are useless and just for show.

Also say I just wanna know about setting up a basemap for now then learn tuning after because I think I'm getting the 2 confused or something.

Also, what about buying a chipped ecu? I was looking a MRXs' thread and a lot of people told me to talk to him.
              Last edited by Fr0z3N; 08-19-2006, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Ok so I've been checking PGMFI and I'm not sure but I think I might be in over my head lol, I know VB6, C++, Java and I never knew they could be used for cars, and I dunno I think I'm lost beyond belief now lmfao I should give up anyway I downloaded Uberdata and crome but I still have no idea whats going on. But I think it's amazing how everything is controlled by the ecu and the amount of changes you can make but yeah still lost hehe

Comment

Ok, MRX may be on hiatus until further notice, bet there are tons of other people who chip them and you can even do it yourself if your qualified. Uberdate and crome are the Graphic interface programs that run on windows. Essentially, a basemap is hex coding that the programs interpret holding your values for your ecu to run. You dont need to know any c++ or java. Also, you dont need an a/f gauge. YOu can just buy a wideband with a screen so you can monitor a/f while daily driving. Yeah, download some bins to work with, load them into your program,etc. Basically you want to start with a basemap that is pretty close to what your setup is, or someone who has a similar setup, then since every car is different, you fine tune it.

Also read like hell is tomorrow. That is also what drew me into tuning, how the code can control the car.

Comment

Do you have aim that we can talk on?

If I got someone to chip me the ecu then all I have to worry about is fine tuning? If I did that do I still need all the major stuff? What bins do I need? Should I look for specific things? lol, everytime I figure something out theres more to confuse me with!

Comment

omg... searching will answer pretty much everything you need to know. like 92ex said, we've all done it. how do you think MRX got started?

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=14497.0

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I am searching and trying but as you should know, I don't know as much as you guys and I barely know what I'm looking for and not everyone is a member of homemadeturbo. That's why I'm asking, searching, reading and trying to figure it out.

I just found this http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192892 and I think it was the most usefull thing, basically I need to get the ecu chipped and done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Comment

DIY
                          http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html

its not that hard. chipping ecu's got started by just another joe schmo like you and I.

go search about widebands. it sounds liek you dotn know what they are.

also, take a break. you're trying to absorb all this information way too quick. it takes months/years to fully grasp everything.

read all of mrx stickies, especially ones having to do with tunning.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            DIY
                            http://home.mn.rr.com/keebler65/honda/uberdata.html

its not that hard. chipping ecu's got started by just another joe schmo like you and I.

go search about widebands. it sounds liek you dotn know what they are.

also, take a break. you're trying to absorb all this information way too quick. it takes months/years to fully grasp everything.

read all of mrx stickies, especially ones having to do with tunning.
                            Reading the homemadeturbo one, I guess I might be trying to absorb it all too quick maybe that'll explain why I can't see straight right now but I have nothing better to do, I leave to go back home monday or tuesday so till then I'm on the comp like 24/7.

A wideband o2 is an accurate sensor that tells you if you're running rich or lean

Comment

starchland@hotmail.com

and many months to absorb and make sense of all this non sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X