Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stealthmode Oil Feed Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealthmode Oil Feed Question

Looks like im stuck in the same boat as some before me...im having bad leaks from my oil feed inlet because stealthmode sent me a fitting thats way too small, it can literally slide right in and out....anyone have a fix to this using brake adapters? im really in a bind here, i know someone has to have a solution.

it got so bad yesterday i lost almost all oil driving it for 10 minutes because it was so loose that i basically had a pressurized line dumping oil overboard.

ive been running around to hardware stores and autozone/napa/advance since 9 this morning and still no fix

i think the correct thread size on the turbo is M12x1.25?
    Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-22-2006, 03:20 PM.
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

ran into the same problem, unfortunately i don't remember exactly what i did, but i got the part from napa, ill look at it in a sec and see if i can describe the parts to you
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I used their 14b kit for both my 14b and 16g turbos. With a little teflon tape, it held fine. I found a different fitting this time from another store, but im not sure on the threading...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yeah, 92ex, i know you ended up t-ing it to clear the manifold or something, i was curious as to what you used, as im about to break down and have my dads bud drill out a metric bolt and weld the feed fitting to the top so it will fit securely... but im hoping maybe i just didnt look good enough at napa...

and r33, did you find an adapter male-female, cause thats the problem im having... im sure i can get an SAE thread to fit fine in the feed, but joining the stealthmode feed to it is another issue all together
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

i must have stripped 5 or 6 of those fittings in my turbo adventures...

i ended up buying the stock DSM banjo bolt, with about 6 inches or so of the stock DSM oil feed line attached. I cut the line to fit, bought a pipe flaring tool at home depot, along with some 1/4 flare fittings, and connected that to my stealthmode oil feed line. i never leaked a drop of oil again.

or, you could just buy something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/dsm-t...spagenameZWDVW

I think i have one of the banjo bolts laying around if you cant fine one..
          Last edited by Accord R33; 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

that looks like its exactly what im going to end up doing... im not sure if i still have the stock banjo bolt from my old 13g in the garage or if i left it on when i shipped it out... im probably going to do the pipe flaring route if this guy cant weld this feed fitting by tomorrow morning. either way thanks alot for the help, ill let you know if i end up needing it

i scoured ebay this afternoon, and i almost bought one of those out of desperation, but id still need the bolt, which is near impossible to thread match.

worst case scenario, looks like its JB Weld to the rescue at Carlos' advice...

oh, and i stopped by the local mitsu dealership while i was out going store to store, and out of desperation, asked the parts dept. if they had any banjo bolts from a 1st generation turbo assembly. i knew it was a longshot, and his answer to me was simply 'oh man, whats a banjo bolt? id try a high performance race shop, like the one next store. they build engines that go fast!". the place he proceeded to recommend was Lamotta's, a specialty mustang building shop.
            Last edited by bresk8r87; 08-22-2006, 04:58 PM.
            1993 CB7
            2001 BB6

Comment

recruited another clean accord

went to napa to grab a 12x1.25 bolt, and this guy that drives a mint green 93 cb7 with the typical lowering, blackhoused, DIY grill and 5th gen rims was working... i tell him my dillemma and it must be my lucky day, because he owns a talon tsi and knew the exact fitting and thread pitches because he has a 14b... even better, hes getting ready to put it into his accord, so he got super excited when i told him about my project...turns out hes putting together parts right now and knows all about uberdata and whats needed, etc... dude was a huge help... i gave him this site address and told him about our meets, and to come on here some time, so all is well in the world of my accord now and theres most likely another clean cb on the site

will post pics of the adapter and threading i used if anyone wants to see it.
              1993 CB7
              2001 BB6

Comment

sweet deal. like i said though, i have at least 1 of the DSM banjo bolts laying around if you needed it..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

well, i retapped the feed hole to 12x1.75 but i also have a 1.75 metric dye i used to tap the fitting which i could use on the stock banjo bolt, i figured coarse thread would be better... but ill definitely remember youve got the banjo bolt, i can bet this isnt the last time im going to be moving lines around, so when i decide to do something with it, ill PM you, thanks alot!
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

Working...
                  X