Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Going Turbo....Help Inquired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Turbo....Help Inquired

Ok so I have decided to go turbo and i am jus gonna run 4-5 psi and leave my motor stock for now i just want to see what it will be like but here is my question i lnow the main necessitys to turbo. turbo,manifold,ic piping and and oil return line and drill and tap the oil pan anything else ok also my question is i am gonna use an 14b turbo and cheap fpr also can i use an dsm turbo manifold of a talon or laser or eclipse and just like redrill the holes to fit can I and can also what do i do about a waste gate?? Muchly Appreciated For Help

you can use 1g and 2g mani with redrill, now the 14b has an internal waste gate thats set to around 8psi me think, so am not sure how you go about making it boost less.
    Last edited by amd3dnow3; 09-17-2006, 10:42 AM.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
    Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

Now Can I can jus set my manual boost controller to 5 psi cant I? also now assume i have the manifold on the motor and turbo attached can i run the turbo without an intercooler just to test it out and untill i get a new ic also on the turbo i run an oil line to the the oil pan now what do i do also will the down pipe of my car fit to turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMCB7Tuner
        Now Can I can jus set my manual boost controller to 5 psi cant I?
        No. you can only RAISE boost with a manual boost controller. why do you feel the need to run 5psi as opposed to 8psi like everyone else?

also now assume i have the manifold on the motor and turbo attached can i run the turbo without an intercooler just to test it out and untill i get a new ic
        sure...by why? then you just have to redo your IC piping twice. If you cant afford an IC, then dont go turbo.

also on the turbo i run an oil line to the the oil pan now what do i do
        what do you mean "now what do i do?" you need to have an oil feed line, which comes from the back of the engine, and and oil return line, which goes into the oil pan.

also will the down pipe of my car fit to turbo?
        no.

Honestly dude. your just not ready for this project if your asking questions like this. PLEASE take 6 months and read through all the turbo threads on this site. or get ready to buy a new motor. you didnt even mention engine management! the most important thing of all!!!!!

a "cheap FPR" does not cut it
        Last edited by Accord R33; 09-17-2006, 11:22 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

sheesh eric, this guy just wants to be different!! what dont you understand??? Its not about building motors safely anymore, its about being different, just like everyone else.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            sheesh eric, this guy just wants to be different!! what dont you understand??? Its not about building motors safely anymore, its about being different, just like everyone else.
            i see your 13th ban is over?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Last edited by d112crzy; 09-17-2006, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                i see your 13th ban is over?
                lol...and do some research...although this kinda sounds like me when i first got into turbos
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

ok thanx no it jus like the the running the oil lines im gonna have some trouble because i dont know where the feed line is in back of the block but i have the oil pan taped already and i bough an oil line kit off of stealthmodeperformance.com alredy but im jus gonna run a fmic or a smic im not running it without now ok i have the manifold and turbo hooked up and the intercooler and ic pipes ran too now i hook up the oil line to the pan thats the return line and now my feed line i will figure out later now i have a stock 1st gen bov now there is a line on top of the bov where does that go?

Comment

ever hear of punctuation?

anyways, do not even attempt to turbo your car until you can answer most, if not all of your questions on your own.

Comment

for one thats why i come to this fucking forum too learn about it by asking you so nice member that could keep there smart ass comment to yourself and im sorry bout my pucuation of Here Ok I Puncuated For You!!!

Comment

for one thats why i come to this fucking forum too learn about it by asking you so nice member that could keep there smart ass comment to yourself and im sorry bout my pucuation of Here Ok I Puncuated For You!!!
                        He cant seem to help himself just ignore his smart alecky comments. And do a little more research by asking some fellow intelligent cb7boosted member or former boosted members getting back into the game such as myself.

The dsm setups should come with a wastegate thats a given even though some peeps on ebay sell it without them. Dont cheap out on things and dont overboard with the spending get quality parts that work. You never mentioned what are you going to use for tuning. And you didnt even mention the 450dsm bluetop injectors nor a 255 wahlboro fuelpump . Youll definitely need these things to have your setup working properly.

Dont forget to have someone tune it properly who knows what the hell they are doing. Not to mention also youll need to stiffen up your motormounts get the 94A shore product compound from mcmaster.com to fill up the mounts with the liquidzed poly urethane because you wont be using your front existing mount anymore so you gonna need to compensate for the lost hand to pick up the slack.

Comment

trust me, turbo'n isnt somthin u slap on, nor guessin what can be added on. look at my thread, i too have lots 2 learn( my cousin took 1 look at my n laughed, punched me in my back, then gave a turbo book, an engineering book and said dont stop till i figure out why 3in pipin wont work.

look at mrx, accordr33, and other threads, especially r33 very first turbo thread
                          "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            And do a little more research by asking some fellow intelligent cb7boosted members
                            this is coming from a guy who cant even install a damn VAFC, let alone some fucking seats. please.
                            Last edited by d112crzy; 09-18-2006, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              this is coming from a guy who cant even install a damn VAFC, let alone some fucking seats. please.
                              wow da saga continues, does everyone beef wit sparkle, cause it looks like a trend or somthin
                              "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X