Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Did a compression test...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a compression test...

Well after Alex EX blew his ringlands, it got me worrying, and I didn't want to do a compression test then. So I've been waiting it out and finally I decided to take the plunge. Bought a tester today and check it...170,180,180,170...Now if I'm thinking correctly, that a perfectly healthy jdm f22b with 9.2:1 compression. So I'm thinking thats about right, any opinions? It's just a bit of relief running 8psi daily on a 14b for 1.5 years.lol
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

wow thats pretty cool.

how many miles on the turbo setup? and what do you think is making your engine hold up what seems to be really well?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

good news....i should try mine out too...its been a yr and a half...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

DAMN YOU! when will you join the blown side? just give it a lil more time..
        You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          wow thats pretty cool.

how many miles on the turbo setup? and what do you think is making your engine hold up what seems to be really well?
          what makes it last so long is the fact I've learned from others mistakes/problems. If it wasn't for 91accordexr33 I probably would have blown the motor by now. I remember talking to him and how he blew the f20a, too much timing with leaking oil into the intake. Reduces the octane or whatever, more prone to detonation, and boom. I would advanced timing a bit more if he didn't tell me that. Iamanonymous blew his f22b with a boost spike, so I haven't put my manual boost controller on because I don't want that(although the chances are slim, 8psi is fine with me). All it is is a matter of maintence and knowing what to look for before you have problems. Sad thing is, I don't have a catch can, and never have. I'll get one sometime soon.

As for miles, it probably has 15000 on it, about 50000 on the motor, and 190k on the chassis. And dropped the motor straight in without doing any maintainence to it, which I regret but it has held up fine. Basically if you have a good tune, the motor will last a long while turbo'd. and I beat on it, A LOT. lol
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

my jdm h23 with 9.8:1 CR has 210 compression across the board, decided to test after seeing the thread and having burned a ring before.
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

nice, thats a healthy motor. I guess my numbers would be right on with my compression. Your running the 16g right?
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yup the big 16g
                h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

not bad!

All the knowledge you have acquired over the past year or so is the biggest factor! All these noobs comming in, throwing turbo kits on and knowing nothing about it is what gives boost is bad rep. look at MRX, as far as i know his is still running strong! and its been boosted forever.

(Note: that wasnt directed towards Alex in any way)

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

lol no offense taken.. i was ridin fine for 2+ years but my dumbass drove it untuned for 2 days and then it smoked
                    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                      not bad!

All the knowledge you have acquired over the past year or so is the biggest factor! All these noobs comming in, throwing turbo kits on and knowing nothing about it is what gives boost is bad rep. look at MRX, as far as i know his is still running strong! and its been boosted forever.

(Note: that wasnt directed towards Alex in any way)
                      yea still riding strong, subtle changes here and there but nothing done to the block. How its still running?...i don't know
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
                        yea still riding strong, subtle changes here and there but nothing done to the block. How its still running?...i don't know

I asked myself the same thing before i sold the accord

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

its good to hear good things about great things like boost.
                          also glad that your setup has lasted that long and still running strong , got a question how many whp u putting down with 8psi on that 14b? ill be running similar set up very soon.

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
                          Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

@8psi i put 205wtq 194whp. i creep to 10psi a lot though. it can be a very reliable setup as long as its tuned well and maintainenced is kept up with. and I beat on my car a lot and its a DD
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                            X