Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Eagle H-Beam Forged Rods for H22, in F22 block, will this work with custom pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagle H-Beam Forged Rods for H22, in F22 block, will this work with custom pistons?

I was told that i can use H22 eagle H-beam forged rods, in a f22a (or f22b or h23) block, the only difference is the rod length, and when i order my forged pistons to simply tell them the difference and they will custom make them to work with that combo.

This is from a local guy trying to sell me eagle rods + f22b block, so i need confirmation weather this is true and will work or not, thanks guys!
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

it'll go in. not to sure on the piston to valve clearances tho. but i guess you can make it work with custom pistons that will have enough valve relief.

just get h23 rods. it will make your life tons easier, since it seems you're not willing to do your own hw.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

H23 are the same as f22

you can use H22 pistons, but the piston pin position must be moved to compensate for the difference. IMO, forged h23 rods and f22 pistons would cost about as much as a set of custom pistons...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

agreed, im running some forged h23 h beams in mine right now and arais pistons, but i agree with 91accordexr33 where as just save some bucks and it will make your life a lot easier~
        justin
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
          agreed, im running some forged h23 h beams in mine right now and arais pistons, but i agree with 91accordexr33 where as just save some bucks and it will make your life a lot easier~
          justin
          Are you using Eagle rods? I haven't been able to find Eagles for F22/H23 apps, and have spoken with someone that works for Eagle and was told that they don't make them.

For your pistons, are you using stock bore or did you over bore at all?
          1993 Prelude S
          F22A1
          custom'ish turbo setup
          180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
          18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
          currently being rebuilt

Comment

I am fully aware of other rods available and that h23 rods work in the f22, i have done my homework, my question wasnt "What rods work in the f22?" my question was very specific because there is a local guy offering a block + eagle H beam forged h22 rods for dirt cheap, and cusom wiesco pistons are actually only about $50 more then h23....I need to know tho what exactly i need to tell the piston manufacturer, im not sure what the difference between an h22 and f22 rod is......this is my question

thank you
            1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

H23/F22= 5.580
              H22= 5.636

im sure if you tell them your situation and give them those specs they'll know how far up to move the piston pin location

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                H23/F22= 5.580
                H22= 5.636

im sure if you tell them your situation and give them those specs they'll know how far up to move the piston pin location
                Thanks man But what are those numbers exactly? Rod length?

Comment

yes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                  X