Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo Timer Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo Timer Trouble

I have an apexi pen style timer in my turbo prelude..
    I hooked the wires up the following way:

Car Turbo Timer
    White/Black - Red
    Yellow - Blue
    Black/Yellow - Green
    Ground it to a bolt on the fire wall - Black

WHen i take the key out the car shuts off..but if i turn the key one notch over (would usually shut the motor off) the car keeps running and times down, but like i said if i remove the key it shuts off.

Hopefully this is just a simple mistake on my end....

Also where do i tap the o2 sensor wire into.

Thanks
    Steve
    1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

you might not have the constant 12v power connected to the right wire, you probably have it connected to an ACC line, and thats why it only works when the keys in the off position but not out.

and why do you need to tap the o2 sensor for the turbo timer?
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

What color is the ACC wire? And where should i hook it into for a constant power source. That makes sence but im not sure where to hook it up too.

The apexi pen turbo timer reads A/F ratio and it has a wire for the o2...im not sure if im suppose to tap it into the positive on the o2 sensor.

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

i have a greddy, not an apexi, but here
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=turbo+timer

that should show you everything you need to get it connected correctly...

and as far as the o2 sensor, just connect it to the o2 sensor wire going into your ECU... i wanna say its pin D13 on the ECU but dont quote me, its been months... just look up a pinout and look for it.
        1993 CB7
        2001 BB6

Comment

Sweet!

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

Working...
          X