Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

this happend for whatever reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this happend for whatever reason...

so i blew my built engine last month, and finnaly ripped it apart...

now i know why there is a huge hole in the side of the piston. 24psi on a dinky ass IC and a 2.5 inch exhaust system. high egt's. WB was reading about 10.8:1 when this happend. deff not lean. what i dont understand is the cracks in the skirts of the rest of my wiseco pistons...($140 a peice.) it had slight piston slap at startup, but thats common with forged pistons. so it looks like im buying 3 more pistons to add to the one brand new one i already have
    oh yea, and i got ripped off $1000 for a Endyn built H22 cyl head on ebay
    car may be apart for a while...

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Welcome to the world or power mixed with built motors end result money pit. Best of luck mane sorry to hear about the loss shit happens rebuild time. Do you have a spare block atleast to get around in or you gonna let it sit?

Comment

Pimpin aint nothin jb weld cant fix =P. Was the head not built when you bought it on ebay? I hope you got your money back for that.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

That sux big time bro wish you the best!
        99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

aww snap. that sucks. 24psi is a lot of boost though. i assume that if you had a h22 head, you were running the h22 block or did you swap and mix engine series. what was your compression ratio. what was all said to be done to the head that you bought.
          91 Ex CB9
          JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
          p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
          Weight Reductions
          R33 or R34 front end

Comment

sorry to hear about the head mike...how they rip you off with it?

pic number 3 is def the money shot haha
            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

sux man. been there done that to my dh-racing forged pisotns
              h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
              New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

the setup i had was a h23/f22 combo. i bid on the h22 head on ebay and won it, and then never heard from the fuckhead after i paid for it...trying to get my money back thru paypal now... i was gonna run that head on my new f22 block, and make alot of power at a lower boost level...thats not happining now tho. ill get a h22 head when i have some more loot.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                X