Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

some q's about 16g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some q's about 16g

i wanted to know a cupple awnsers to a cupple questions, before i start my project. it would be greatly appriciated!

do i need a boost controller?
    what boost is the wastegate set at?
    if i start off with 14g, can i keep the same injectors for 16g?
    will i need to retune the ecu one i upgrade?

thanks alot guys for your help!
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Originally posted by quickangel93
    i wanted to know a cupple awnsers to a cupple questions, before i start my project. it would be greatly appriciated!

do i need a boost controller?
    what boost is the wastegate set at?
    if i start off with 14g, can i keep the same injectors for 16g?
    will i need to retune the ecu one i upgrade?

thanks alot guys for your help!
    no
    8 lbs
    yes, 450's will be alright
    somewhat, depends on how much boost you want to run
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
      no
      8 lbs
      yes, 450's will be alright
      somewhat, depends on how much boost you want to run
      12psi. some mods done to block and head.
      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

OT: JW if he swapped over to a bigger turbo wouldnt he need to remap the fuel curves since they spool and provide power at a different rpm? Dunno just wondering.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you need a boost controller if you want to run 12 lbs on a dsm wastegate

8lbs for a 14b wg, evo3 16gs run about 10 psi on their wastegates

450cc's should be ok for 12 psi, but if you are expecting numbers over 300whp, i would consider going bigger soon

retune is neccessary for every major change in your setup. The spool characteristics will be different, as well as the amount of cfms that flow on the 16g compared to the 14b, more air= more fuel

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ok thanks 91accordexr33.

I found a controller on ebay for 100 bucks. its the digital one, not mechanical.

heres going to be my setup:

16g turbo
            DSM Mani
            H23 Intake Mani
            Block Gaurd
            Cam & Pulley (im looking for good ones still)
            Valves, Valve Springs, Retainers
            Summit Racing Pistons
            Piston Rings
            B.O.V (DSM)
            Accel Injectors (probably 500cc)
            MSD ignition, wires, Bosch Platium 4
            Fuel Pressure Regulator

Im thinking to spend around 1,500 - 1,800.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

good stuff,if ur gonan boost 12 psi and not change it, i reccomend a Hallman manual bosot controller. Their around 70-80 bux and work great from what i hear

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

but how do you know what psi your on?
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  good stuff,if ur gonan boost 12 psi and not change it, i reccomend a Hallman manual bosot controller. Their around 70-80 bux and work great from what i hear
                  you can make a mbc for 20 bucks by going to home depot.

i dont know if id trust a $100 ebc.

anyways, get rid of the block guard. it is completely unnecessary, especially since you're going with not much over 300whp, if that.

also, you know how much psi you're running with a boost gauge.

cmon dude, do your own research instead of asking people. homemadeturbo.com is your friend.

just dont ask retarded questions. if you thikn you might get flamed, you will get flamed. if you dont think you will get flamed, you will still get flamed.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    you can make a mbc for 20 bucks by going to home depot.

i dont know if id trust a $100 ebc.

anyways, get rid of the block guard. it is completely unnecessary, especially since you're going with not much over 300whp, if that.

also, you know how much psi you're running with a boost gauge.

cmon dude, do your own research instead of asking people. homemadeturbo.com is your friend.

just dont ask retarded questions. if you thikn you might get flamed, you will get flamed. if you dont think you will get flamed, you will still get flamed.
                    d112 i dont care if i get flammed. when im turboed, anyone whos flamming me has enough balls to run against me.

i know how much boost ill run by the boost gauge. now how much boost is the controller will be set at?

i know a backround how to setup stuff, and i dont want cylinder walk thats why i want the gaurd.

the only thing im not good at is tuning everything to work properly!
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

a block guard is completely unnecassary.actually, if i was you i wouldnt open that motor up since its your dd.boost the engine as it sits and get a spare one do build up.

ILBB
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                        a block guard is completely unnecassary.actually, if i was you i wouldnt open that motor up since its your dd.boost the engine as it sits and get a spare one do build up.

ILBB
                        not only that the block guard creates cooling issues.

Comment

not to worry quickangel93 about the flaming. Its the same haters who hate who dont even have shit or the setup so dont even sweat it let em talk out the ass.

Comment

Block guards cause warpage in the cylinder walls. Get a full resleeve, or chance it on stock sleeves. Stock internals can handle 12psi for quite a while if you tune properly. Spend your block guard money on a proper tuning setup, and memorize www.pgmfi.org

The 14b is actually pretty small for the F22. It's made for a smaller engine. It will produce some heat issues. You'd be better off starting with the 16g.

Also a "digital" boost controller does the same thing as a manual controller... just remotely, with a pretty screen. You'd be better off investing in a quality manual to start, and getting a GOOD electronic one later on.

The boost gauge will tell you what you're boosting to, but it'll be too late if your wastegate fails and you overboost. You'll watch that needle shoot to 35psi and you'll hear some funny sounds. Don't rely on the gauge, get quality parts so you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                              d112 i dont care if i get flammed. when im turboed, anyone whos flamming me has enough balls to run against me.
                              A bold statement from someone who mentioned a block guard and electronic boost controller before any kind of engine management.

have you ever even heard of any F22 having cylinder walk? or any kind of structural issues with the block casting/sleeves?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X