Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Hey! 85mm Pistons are made by JE for Civic engines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
    cryotreatment? wth is that. sounds like that thing where they freeze old people.
    would also like to know? like whats the benifit? and where can it be done?
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
      would also like to know? like whats the benifit? and where can it be done?
      Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
      cryotreatment? wth is that. sounds like that thing where they freeze old people.
      Cryo Site

Its basically deep freezing something to the point where it alters the molecular bonds and makes them stronger in the process. Its really cool, you can cryo anything. So you are never truely assed out when it comes to engine parts. I will be going with this route. Also, I found a place that mods the stock rods to accept ARP bolts, smooth out the casting lines, shotpeen, polish, and modify them to accept aftermarket pistons!!!! Its a cheap but lengthy alternative.

However....now with the stock rod route...you might be able to select your wrist pin size. I will find out for you guys for by Monday, hopefully. But if you can select your pin size, you can use Civic overbore pistons... And it would be cheap!!!
      Last edited by KillerCam282; 02-11-2007, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I wonder if i can find someone to cryo my shit locally in vancouver, bc. Cool shit tho! Is this a common practice in the tunning world?
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

kinda, i thought about it awhile ago for a solution for cheaper axles. it would be something like $300 to cryo treat the axles and they would be a good percent stronger. im gonna cryo treat my crank as well
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
            I wonder if i can find someone to cryo my shit locally in vancouver, bc. Cool shit tho! Is this a common practice in the tunning world?
            You find some pro racing teams doing it. Its not too common in street strip setups.

Comment

Are the stock forged cranks really in need of treatment? anywhere of the F22 cranks ever failing?

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnickel
                Are the stock forged cranks really in need of treatment? anywhere of the F22 cranks ever failing?

Just a thought.
                I have found a couple of cases where the stock forged cranks have split in half under high boost and high revving situations. It doesn't happen often, then again how many people have Accords with power in excess of 500whp?

Comment

Working...
                X