Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What do you rev to with your boosted accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you rev to with your boosted accord?

*NEW POST*
    Sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but i have changed my setup a bit, mostly the cam. I am now running the delta 262 cam, fully built head and block just stock sleeves and crank. Before i said i was gonna hit 8000 rpm, but this is a daily driver and reliability is important to me. I am now wondering if 6600rpm pretty much every day and 7000rpm on special occassions is safe on this setup?

I know d112crzy said ill be fine but this was with the 282 cam. I know i have to see where power is made on a dyno, but my tuner is doing a full street tune first (dyno later in the year) and i *think* that 6600-7000 rpm is still in the efficiency (sp) range of the turbo/cam. Im mostly concerned if its safe or not for our F22 SOHC motors, specifically the piston speed with the 95mm stroke...

*OLD POST*
    Hey guys just wondering what people are revving to with their boosted accords? I plan on hitting 8,000 rpm, i have fully built head, delta 282 cam, fully built block. Not sure if i need to go that high tho, so what do you rev to?
    Last edited by aleks77; 09-25-2008, 02:20 AM.
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

it's going to differ with different setups, you mainly wanna stay in your powerband, for example for me, it's pointless to go past 6200 cause i will fall out of my powerband and just be slower. a dyno is gonna show you were you should rev to and when to shift. I wouldn't take the f22 over 7k much unless you know how to build the block correctly
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

kill the cam then with a decent size turbo maybe 8k.. depends on where you make your peak hp..
      HAN - ZiviCase10287
      Honda-tech - zivicase
      HMT - draztik
      d-series - draztik
      Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

Big turbo = more revs since power is made at top end but depends on what turbo it is and size. But still as 92ex said shift in your powerband which is found on a dyno. ITs pointless revving past a certain rpm such as people bringing there cars up to 8000 rpm on there stock H22A.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

With a stock F22 crank (95mm stroke), you will have to really watch you piston speeds. There is a reason cars like the s2000 and ITR's can rev so high...a lot to do with their rod stroke ratios and piston speeds in general.

I do know you'll have forged rods and all, but i'd talk to some with a little more experience before you wind it up. with that cam it certainly might still make power WAY up there, but whether it's safe or not is tough to say.

Mark

Comment

People don't realize that my killercam setup had a 282 because my stroke was only 90.1...

Comment

our cranks can take some serious beatings, its the valvetrain and bearings you should be worried about.

you can have a huge turbo with a good cam and be able to make power at 8k. just because your turbo is still in its effeciency range doesnt mean you should be up there.

Your valvetrain will probably be the first to go, then your bearings. Especially if you dont watch your timing.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

the bottom en is not gona take a lot of 8k pulls even if you make power up there.

Comment

sure it can, it just wont make much power if you actually want it to last.

timing is key.

Comment

bearings first
                    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

when im going to be running dsm 14b, ill shift around 5500rpm. anything over 6,500k is pointless.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

are 7000 rpm pulls gonna be safe? I mean it is a fully built motor, just stock crank and sleeves. Everything else is either high end aftermarket or brand new oem.
                        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
                          are 7000 rpm pulls gonna be safe? I mean it is a fully built motor, just stock crank and sleeves. Everything else is either high end aftermarket or brand new oem.
                          All in the tuning.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77
                            is the head built? the crank can handle that and then some. but your bearings and valvetrain will be first to go.

tuning IS key, but timing is more of a key when it comes to how much revs our Fs can hanlde.

Comment

Yes fully built head;

Some Port and Polish
                              3 Angle Valve Job
                              Flat Mill Decks
                              New valve seals
                              Crower Acura RSX Dual Valve Springs (custom fitted)
                              Crower Acura RSX Titanium Retainers (custom fitted)
                              Ferrea 30mm Exhaust valve, 5.46mm stem, 123.55mm OAL
                              Ferrea 33mm Intake valve, 5.48mm stem, 112.10 OAL

Bearings im gonna use ACL standard ones, or maybe OEM, not sure which is the best

Comment

Working...
                              X