Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo'd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chessboxer
    thanks, it was like putting together a puzzle.
    and using a saws-all to get the stubborn pieces to fit.
    as for the doughnut gasket they are utterless shit weld the downpipe to the o2 housing itself and bolt it up. through the holes to keep it closed

Comment

thanks, it was like putting together a puzzle.
      and using a saws-all to get the stubborn pieces to fit.
      LOL!

I hear you on that one. That was one reason I decided not to turbo, that and I couldn't figure out how I was going to keep A/C (A/C is NOT an OPTION in AZ)!

Those all looked like painted aluminum though, right?
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

indeed, 2.5" the whole way. also, im going to wrap all of the charge pipes with the wrap, i just didnt have time today.
        a quick question about the catch can.
        if i dont have an intake and am just running mesh on there, how do i run it? i know to cap off the pcv valve spot, but is it ok to leave the breather as well, or do i cap it off too?
        ive read the diy's, but they dont address a lack of an intake.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

indeed, 2.5" the whole way. also, im going to wrap all of the charge pipes with the wrap, i just didnt have time today.
          a quick question about the catch can.
          if i dont have an intake and am just running mesh on there, how do i run it? i know to cap off the pcv valve spot, but is it ok to leave the breather as well, or do i cap it off too?
          ive read the diy's, but they dont address a lack of an intake.
          From what I find, you dont need the vacuum source when you are FI. Also, remove the breather and slap a house there.

Remove the check ball in the pcv so it stays open full time, and you will see.the oil will not be denied.

Comment

was that ecu one of mine?...looks like it.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yes sir, it was a p06 i bought from you for my n/a setup initially and then i purchased another chip off of d112crzy.

Comment

nice job man, car looks and sounds great.
                if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

well, i went in for the tune today and i found out that my clutch is bad, so no tuning was done. the car is going to set for the weekend until at least monday, and then we shall begin the tune and install of the clutch.

Comment

heres the clutch http://www.racingxp.com/transmission...honda-aord.php
                    its an rps max clutch rated at 440 tq with a 48% increase in pressure

Comment

very nice build, similar to mine

Big 16g Turbo/H23 Head Swap/TSX Projectors

Comment

what did you end up doing with the front motor mount and where did you route your charge piping on the driver side?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                          what did you end up doing with the front motor mount and where did you route your charge piping on the driver side?
                          i used the front mount, mounted it with l brackets, and love it, despite its hanging low.
                          the charge pipes were routed through the areas next to the bumper with the help of widening the areas there with a saws-all. ill take a pic tomorrow once it stops raining and everything, as its definitely not going anywhere.

Comment

same idea as my grille with the turbo emblem...
                            def get it tuned soon, i went thru a couple of single cams cause of basemaps..
                            nice job dude

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

wooo scary, the car is as hot as the paint color

Be Clean

Comment

sorry bro i think you misunderstood me earlier, I meant about the front motor mount...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                                X