Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Tunning issue killing me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theyre all bins.

you can open an uberdata map with crome, i'm just not sure if you can actually edit it with crome and save it in crome.

you're probably just gona have to copy and paste onto a p30 rom and tune again. You will have to retune b/c the vac and rpm values in crome are different than those in uber.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Have you checked your IACV and EGR valves? vaccum leaks?

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        Open loop is when the ecu only goes by the tables...
        ...i was always 99% sure that closed loop is just what runs from the values in the map. Open loop, hence the name, includes the sensors such as 02 and ish. I have mine set on closed and it is constant all the time...

correct me if im wrong.
        My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by high c
          ...i was always 99% sure that closed loop is just what runs from the values in the map. Open loop, hence the name, includes the sensors such as 02 and ish. I have mine set on closed and it is constant all the time...

correct me if im wrong.
          no you're wrong. Its the other way around

As for you midnight, try playing with the iat corrections if your using any of the 1.7 repacked versions. I think adjusting the fuel distribution at a higher rate per degrees of temp change could have a decent effect on your idle problem. But that script was only on the repacked versions of 1.7. Either that or switch to crome. Bare with me and i'll have a solution for you pretty soon.
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

closed loop means its in a closed loop system, meaning it only does what the sensor's tells it.

that's why theres a box for closed loop disable, when you enable that or click it, you are disabling closed loop and running in open loop.

If you're running in closed loop, then you are in open loop when the engine is cold and at WOT.

Comment

closed loop means its in a closed loop system, meaning it only does what the sensor's tells it.

that's why theres a box for closed loop disable, when you enable that or click it, you are disabling closed loop and running in open loop.

If you're running in closed loop, then you are in open loop when the engine is cold and at WOT.
              Some of the programs can change the open loop closed loop transition by a user defined vacuum setting. Because with turbo cars you don't have to be WOT to be in boost.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ya, that too.

with crome, you can set where you want open loop to be enabled.

I was just saying, in stock form, or even if you are running a turbo and for some reason have closed loop enabled.

Comment

bearing with, i dont have to drive the car so its not a big issue but i wanted to take it to the may meet, i think ill have the new turbo by then but the issue will still be there.

Everything with the engine is mech. sound like i said the problem started when we started tuning it. its not s vacum leak or i would not be able to correct it with the safc.

Thanks MRX and everyone else for helping it means alot.

Comment

let us know what the solution is, I oftened wondered about the outside air temp.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Outside air temp can only end up effecting what the IAT reads. Where the IAT normally compensates for the temperature changes its not being told to compensate enough in this case.

Comment

we have never messed with the IAT's we have always been told to leave it alone i know it has a button for auto and we have clicked it but it didnt change any of the numbers so i thought maybe it didnt work. i dunno that one and the ECT both have the auto buttons but nothing changes that we can see when we click them.

Comment

i stand corrected. It made sense in my head but reading the explanations i can see how i am wrong. Good information to know, but i am def curios midnight what your current problems is and how to fix it.
                          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

yeah cant wait to see what they come up with. i feel so helpless... i think there fix will be chrome. thats okay i was thinking about going with hondata just to make sure things work right. I love the car, love the power but hate the tuning software i have from day one. i thougth that was just something everyone lived with but apparently not.

Again thanks to everyone that is helping me out it means alot!

Comment

ya, that too.

with crome, you can set where you want open loop to be enabled.

I was just saying, in stock form, or even if you are running a turbo and for some reason have closed loop enabled.

WOT is also open loop.

To me it just makes since to use software that is still being updated. Uberdata is like Windows 2000 (good enough but obsolete), except the source code hasn't been leaked :P

CROME 2 --> open P72 or P30 map and paste your values in, set the final multiplier --> Advance tables --> IAT correction.

hold on to your butts

Comment

a year ago tho everyone raved about uber and chrome was just getting on its feet around here. MRX took me under his wing and i did what he said run uber, even when todd helped us with the map he told us to just stay with uber for now. But now that i am fixing to get the new turbo i def will switch, the guys i gave my map to, did you look at it? did you see any real problems?
                                Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X