Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions..

okay my well if u guys remember my turbo cd5 was throwing out alot of white smoke. Some of u guys said it could be the head gasket, or that i needed an oil restrictor. well today i decided to disconect the oil feed line and turn on the car on idle and it didnt throw out any smoke at all. can it still be the head gasket or what can it be???
    Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

blown turbo seal...but you probably just destroyed your Turbo.

you might also want to plug the oil return so any ground up chips of metal don't get into your engine.
    Check your oil level too.

Mine was SMOKING LIKE CRAZY when my turbo blew...pretty white smoke too.

disconnect a charge line too. as it may be leaking oil into the intake as well...thus sucking in oil.

Mine acted really funny when all this happen...so much so that i thought the engine was blown (when turning over, sounded like compression as gone)...it was weird.
    check those couple things.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnickel
      blown turbo seal...but you probably just destroyed your Turbo.

you might also want to plug the oil return so any ground up chips of metal don't get into your engine.
      Check your oil level too.

Mine was SMOKING LIKE CRAZY when my turbo blew...pretty white smoke too.

disconnect a charge line too. as it may be leaking oil into the intake as well...thus sucking in oil.

Mine acted really funny when all this happen...so much so that i thought the engine was blown (when turning over, sounded like compression as gone)...it was weird.
      check those couple things.
      lol i didnt floor the car i just let it idle for like a minute, i dont think that might of destroyed the turbo. But i do think its a seal

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
        lol i didnt floor the car i just let it idle for like a minute, i dont think that might of destroyed the turbo. But i do think its a seal
        dood i thought u just rebuild the turbo? how can the seals go bad unless the guy that rebuilded didnt put lubricant when putting the turbo together.
        contact info

(562) 324-3639 chan mao

Comment

Originally posted by f20aaccordturbo
          dood i thought u just rebuild the turbo? how can the seals go bad unless the guy that rebuilded didnt put lubricant when putting the turbo together.
          yeah i know im just very frustrated with this thing that i dont even know what is wrong with it anymore...

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Working...
          X