Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

aleks77's Motor build + turbo setup build (extremely detailed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
    Im gonna flare the fenders about an inch, running 18x8 +40, so it should clear the spidle, if not ill run 5mm spacer also. ive never tried 245s tho.

The manifold is F22a6 which was extrude honed, and TB ported and matched. I removed the IABs. You think stock H23 IM/TB combo will still out perform my current setup?

Downpipe is 3", setup is 3" turbo back, no cat, 18" resonator, magnaflow muffler.
    I got some 18x8 and they clear the spindles. I dont know about the 245 tho, my next tire im getting are the 235. Let me know, if 245 fit i will get those.

Members Ride thread

Comment

i would keep the a6 runners and use the h23 plenum..i think you should get the bisi turbo grind..i think it will make more power than the delta 260 imo..
      OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

ya i talked to bisi and he said it should do a way better job. Im gonna pick up an h23 plenum, and h23 throttle body also. Should i bother doing any porting? or sending the TB to maxbore.com and get it bored?
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

im trying to make the same power..i found out these parts will help..so im learning from your setup..
          OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

if you ever decide to replace your turbo manifold.

I'll recomend you get the DNP (DN Performance Tubular Exhaust Header) for the 2nd gen eclipse, And then port match it by hand to your gasket setup after you redrill the holes to fit.

you'll get almost 2 times quicker turbo spool up without snuffing out at high rpm's.
            and it will never crack.. ever.

sorry i don't have a better pic, i had already heat wrapped it.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
              ya i talked to bisi and he said it should do a way better job. Im gonna pick up an h23 plenum, and h23 throttle body also. Should i bother doing any porting? or sending the TB to maxbore.com and get it bored?
              I'd spend the money on getting a BIGGER throttle body.
              http://polarbeartuning.com/Throttle_Bodies.html

You don't NEED to port match, but it would help. PBT also has a spacer that tapers down to the size of the plenum so that you don't have to bore the plenum out. Give them a call, they'll hook you up. Tell em you're on hmt too.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                I'd spend the money on getting a BIGGER throttle body.
                http://polarbeartuning.com/Throttle_Bodies.html

You don't NEED to port match, but it would help. PBT also has a spacer that tapers down to the size of the plenum so that you don't have to bore the plenum out. Give them a call, they'll hook you up. Tell em you're on hmt too.
                it looks like they are doing the same thing as Maxbore but they already have some stock tb's in stock....
                OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

Maxbore only bores out so much though. They definitely don't go to 70mm.

Comment

ya the "BALLER PBTUNING SPEC 74MM THROTTLE BODY" looks pretty good. Im gonna email him and see what he can do for an h23. Thanks for the site
                    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

Chris does awesome work. No BSing and straight to the point.

Comment

Working...
                      X