Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Muffler are you running with your boosted setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Muffler are you running with your boosted setup?

Just wondering what everyone is running as far as a muffler, i guess you can also mention what diameter your downpipe and back is. And how would you rate it? how does it sound?
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

2.5in downpipe
    3in exhaust back into N1 APEXI muffler
    heard it already on another cb7 w/my exact setup w/a different motor but eh......

but as everyone knows, my build is just pipe dreams......get it, get it, hahah, DAMN I'M SO GHEY
    "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

right now 2.5 crushbent DP (3" in future)
      Kteller 3" back
      HKS Carbon Ti knockoff (3" inlet, 5"outlet)

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
        right now 2.5 crushbent DP (3" in future)
        Kteller 3" back
        HKS Carbon Ti knockoff (3" inlet, 5"outlet)
        how does it sound/how do you like it?
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

there are sound clips in the media section I love it, not too loud at all

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Custom 2.5" Mandrell DP.
            2.5" magnaflow cat
            2.5" catback, 2.5" RedHot resonator,
            3" Dynomax Superturbo Heavy Duty muffler (longer and quiet, but flows very well)

had a 2.5" hooker aerochamber on. IT was "okay" nothing special though.

Comment

4" DP
              3" mandrel exhaust
              2 dynomax glasspacks as resonators
              3" in/out Borla XR1 race muffler out back

everyone who has heard it says it sounds nasty...ill post a sound clip.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
                4" DP
                3" mandrel exhaust
                2 dynomax glasspacks as resonators
                3" in/out Borla XR1 race muffler out back

everyone who has heard it says it sounds nasty...ill post a sound clip.
                Nice...i hear good things about the xr1's.

mark

Comment

exhaust

well hey most of you guys have no clue who i am but i have been on here and have just been soaking up all the info i can right now i threw in a h23 nonvtec with crower stage 1 cams. but this weekend i am turboing it with a big 16g ported
                  but i am in the same position with what exhaust should i run well currently i am running the apex ws2 and love it to death so tell me what you guys think of this set up
                  i have a 3in dp and i am going to make a custom straight back mandrel bent exhaust with a apex ws2 canister with a 3in inlet so i guess after i am done using my old exhaust as a model i will be selling it.

what do you guys think do you think i should just run the 3in dp into the stock apex ws2 which is 2.5in??

p.s.
                  how do you think it will sound if i go with the custom setup with no cat or resonator on the 3in setup with the ws2 canister??
                  Last edited by xtremecb7; 04-24-2007, 08:12 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Lodollar, how do you find the 3" works?? I hear nothing but clearance problems from all my other honda buddies but i haven't heard much either way for accords as we are few and far between where i'm from.

Comment

3 inch is fine, no clearance issues...however, the 4 inch DP where it goes under the oil pan is really close, like 3in of clearance...i can post some pics, but keep in mind, i fabbed my whole exhaust system, so i was able to route the pipe for max clearance

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

2.5" downpipe
                        dumped mid car

loud as hell, and i love it, although talking in the car is impossible, and neighbors all hate me. for a clip there are videos and such in the media section.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

2.5 crushed dump pipe
                          2.5 glasspack resignator
                          2.5 exhaust
                          2.5 inlet 3.5 outlet megan racing muffler off ebay
                          Love the sound not loud but you can still hear it.

I hear more of the wastegate opening then i do the exhaust ill try and post a video clip of it.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecb7
                            well hey most of you guys have no clue who i am but i have been on here and have just been soaking up all the info i can right now i threw in a h23 nonvtec with crower stage 1 cams. but this weekend i am turboing it with a big 16g ported
                            but i am in the same position with what exhaust should i run well currently i am running the apex ws2 and love it to death so tell me what you guys think of this set up
                            i have a 3in dp and i am going to make a custom straight back mandrel bent exhaust with a apex ws2 canister with a 3in inlet so i guess after i am done using my old exhaust as a model i will be selling it.

what do you guys think do you think i should just run the 3in dp into the stock apex ws2 which is 2.5in??

p.s.
                            how do you think it will sound if i go with the custom setup with no cat or resonator on the 3in setup with the ws2 canister??
                            have them put on a glasspack in place of where the cat is, it will get rid of all the raspyness and give it a deeper sound.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

2.5-3" DP
                              3" exhaust
                              3" high flow cat.
                              3" resonator-18" long
                              3" Vibrant Flat black muffler.

Not to bad, before the resonator it was a bit loud, but it's pretty good now.

I also run open wastegate, so the exhaust gets drowned out by it when hitting full boost.
                              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                              01-01-2019

Comment

Working...
                              X