Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust question

I am wondering as far as tuning goes. If I run an open exhaust meaning no downpipe will that change my setting for street tuning when i do get an exhaust run. It feels less torquey with the turbo so that's the reason for asking and also will running no downpipe be harmful to anything....someone told me that imports with open exhaust will warp heads....thanks

P.S. I did search and if anyone has a downpipe they want to sell PM me
    Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

huh? running with "NO Downpipe" ...wouldn't that be harmful pollution coming out? Cuz as far as i know, the downpipe connects with the Catalytic converter, and that converter is needed for the environment. So if nothing connects with the converter, as in no downpipe...then for sure i know that's harmful for the environment.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I know people running straight dump with turbo setups. I could careless about the environment its already gone to shit anyway. Anyway tuning might need a slight change when you throw the exhaust on but shouldnt be much depending on diameter of piping you plan to go with. It would be safer to do a retune with the exhaust though so your setup runs at max efficiency.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

also i have a similar question on the same topic. would it be better to get the whole exhaust bolted up and the car all together, then go get tuning done? or what?
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

well, I have no clue how you would tune without a dp in the first place. Where the hell are you going to put the wideband sensor?

If all you have is an o2 housing for your turbo, and you tune that way, your afr's will change. I forget which way exacltly, but they will change by up to a whole point.

Try your hardest to get tuned after the exhaust is done.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks for the replies and i will........will it cause any harm to the motor running open exhaust??
            Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Open exhaust as in just the mani+turbo or nothing?

If the turbo is on there, you better open up the wastegate or you could damage the turbo.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X