Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Building custom turbo kit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building custom turbo kit questions

ok.. i wanna turbo my f22a6(like everyone) but i wanna make my own kit...the thing is what are the best parts for the job.. im not rich so i cant get all the high dollor parts.. but what parts can i find used(junkyard kit) that will work fine.. if i have to buy sum parts new thats kool.. i also seen sum posts talking about the magment systems.. with is the best and easyest(this part i dont wanna go cheap on) i should get?...what turbo should i use? i was thinking t3/t4 but duno..my bro is going to make me a manfold so thats covered. he also has a hook up on where i can get a my head work and my block redone and upgraded(YAYA)..

and teh other thing we were looking at the intercooler piping.. there isnt much room. so i was thinking of taking teh a/c out.. but if anyone has ran the piping with the a/c in. can u tell me how u did it or show me a pic..

can sumone make me a list of parts im going to need just for the turbo kit..

thanxs
    86 nissan 200sx turbo

theres a whole seperate section on forced induction. make urself a sandwich and read away.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

im so used to doing this.. it should be my job.. lol

turbo manifold
      turbo t3/t4 creates alot of power but takes a while to spool up..
      for a cheap setup.. go acclipse.. which is a dsm turbo ecclipse manifold and turbo run on a accord since u said cheap.. this is cheap but still ok as far as quality

dsm turbo manifold- 40-60
      14b/t25/t28- 50-100
      oil lines 75
      intercooler piping 100
      intercooler 225
      450cc dsm injectors 50-75
      welded up downpipe 40-80
      exhaust setup 150-300 depending on if its muffler shop or mandrel bent
      vac hoses 5

engine management
      route A. AFC/Hack..-200-300 depending on condition or where u find a Apexi SAFC afc/hack has been run on various cars with success of controlling fuel. the unit advances timing.. and ull have to retard it at the distributor or buy a MSD BTM which regulates timing according to how many lbs of boost your pushing

route B. Ecu chipping-100-200 in parts depending on what ecu u use and where you get your parts.. this is basiclly just running a ecu from a different car that can be modified and tuned using such programs as Uberdata/CROME/Turbo-Edit etc very cheap and more precise way to tune then the AFC/Hack

route C. FMU/stock injectors or prelude injectors- 100-200 this method in my opinion just really sucks.. and should only be used if u have to take the car to get route A or B installed.. the FMU works on fuel pressure.. it ups the pressure as the turbo psi increases.. causing alot of stress on the injectors to flow more..
      you can leave the a/c in with the use of the DSM manifold.. if you make a custom one then im sure your brother can route the pipes to clear the a/c pipes and such

here are a few pics of some acclipse setups

The rest can be viewed here

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...threadid=23534

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Since so many people have been flocking to my forum, Carlos has finally got me here.

I wanted to point out that you can turbo an accord for almost as cheap as you could a civic. Quite possible to do a functional reliable setup for $300-400.

I have scoped prices for a long time and know the cheapest routes..

You just have to really search for the deals and plan it out right. Utilize stock exhaust and get someone to chip an ECU for you. Really not that hard, to do it the acclipse way.

Comment

ACCLIPSE OWNS JOO!!!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i already have sumone making me a turbo manfold and all teh welding i can get done for free..

just need a good parts list. and a really good magment system

edit:just seen the link sweet thanxs
            Last edited by RollingStock; 07-05-2004, 01:47 PM.
            86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

Working...
            X