Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

anyone ? Custom front engine mount for DSM setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ? Custom front engine mount for DSM setup

As the title says Has anyone custom fabricated a front engine mount for the DSM setup ?

A few people have made some.

Not mass produced, just custom one time things.

Use your imagination.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i think RENR used a old nissan front motor mount back in the days...u can just fill you mounts with 94a urethane and it should be good....

Comment

you dont really need the front mount. you could just install a damper to keep it stable.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

speaking from experience, youre gonna want to do something about your frount mount. most people boosting write it off as not important, because you can get away with not running one. i had a DSM setup on my car for about 8-9 months, and even after i removed it, i couldnt reuse the frount dogbone mount because i sawz-alled one of the holes off. if you continue to drive the car hard with no frount mount, youre just putting excessive wear on the others, and theyll blow out prematurely. this happened to me (on 1-2 year old OEM mounts).

i almost blew a headgasket the other day, because my mounts are so bad that i shifted too hard on the highway and tore a hole in my upper radiator hose. this dumped most of my coolant overboard, and im lucky i caught it in time.

so in short, id highly recommend doing something about your mounts or customizing one. the long term wear will be much more minimal. the DIY for 94a filling is on here somewhere, and its not hard at all... just need a floor jack and some sockets.

most of the people on here havent driven their car long enough after removing the front mount/boosting to really see the long term affects. ive put almost 20k on my accord since the kit came off.... so its just somehting to think about. hope this helped

also, if im not mistaken, McMaster is the company that produces the polyurethane.
          1993 CB7
          2001 BB6

Comment

yeah please run one, take a look how much your stock hp rocks the engine on a good day, then add 70+ hp to that equation.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

what about filling the mounts with urethane and deleting the front one.

Comment

lol. Im not going to worry about the motor mounts in my EG. When i buy H series mounts for my F, Im going to get steel ones so i can weld them solid...
                -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

I custom made one. I filled the rear with urethane for starters...and for the front mount...

the front mount attaches to the engine with a metal bracket. I took that bracket off, and welded it to the front cross member (positioned in line with the AC mounts).

I then cut the dogbone mount in half such that when bolted to the mount on the cross member, it was long enough to reach the AC mounting studs.

I then fabricated a plate to bolt to the AC studs.

Originally this idea failed as my dogbone to plate welds cracked. I rewelded and added more suports and bettered the geometry as it wasn't ideal.

if you are not running AC, those studs are the best location i could find for a front mount.

Mark

Comment

I thought about using one of those Ingalls engine torque dampeners where the dogbone is and make a custom mount for it.
                    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

i removed mine because it was in the way of the turbo, but i filled the rest with polyurethane and the motor does not rock at all. Does not move. I feel if you polyurethane them then you will have no problem not having the front motor mount but thats just me.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                        i removed mine because it was in the way of the turbo, but i filled the rest with polyurethane and the motor does not rock at all. Does not move. I feel if you polyurethane them then you will have no problem not having the front motor mount but thats just me.
                        have you seen the motor while the car is driving?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                          have you seen the motor while the car is driving?
                          is that possible? lol j/p When it is on it doesn't move. Its stiff. ask MRX if you don't believe me. When i rev doesn't move. And if the one of the mounts do break just go buy some more polyurethane if you used all yours up and make a new one.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I have a modified front engine mount that I am no longer using pictured below. Send me a pm if you are interested.

600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Make sure that if you have removed your front mount that all your remaining mounts are of oem quality. I used a napa drivers side mount and because i am riding pretty low on stiff springs, the metal casing of the mount broke in half after hitting a bumpy spot in the road leaving my oil pan within about 1.5" off the ground. I was lucky but it also caused my drivers side axle to explode at the inner joint.

Comment

Working...
                              X