Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

furthest distance driven on a turbo setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

furthest distance driven on a turbo setup?

Whats the furthest anyone has driven with a turbo setup in their cb7?
    I drove 467 miles with one stop in the middle for gas and to check everything the other day. i drove from lexington, ky through TN, through the hills of NC, and then to Ft. Jackson, SC. It held up here, I hope it does the same on the ride home.
    Has anyone driven any further? I was hesitant to drive it here at first, but I monitored all my gauges all the time and as such, I kept an eye on things, and made here safely.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

i drove about 200 miles on the highway, about 4 times a week for the duration of my setup. never had any overheating problems... only trouble was one time the oil feed wiggled loose just enough to let oil burn off the compressor housing like whoah, while i was driving at 80mph. i looked like a green comet coming down the interstate (the people behind me hated me )
    1993 CB7
    2001 BB6

Comment

i drove numerous time from san antonio to dallas (300ish miles) and from san marcos to kingsville (180ish miles)

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

jax, fl to atl, ga to columbia, sc to somewhere in NC...it was like a 10-11 hour drive back home so probably close to 1400 miles round trip
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Did any of you experience the engine over heating during your long distance journeys?
          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

none at all. in fact, ive never seen my temp guage move after its warmed up. but i prolly have a bad thermostat, lol

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

no, as long as the incoming air is going in your engine bay then it gets no hotter than driving around town.
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I find driving on the highway keeps my temp gauge down compared to driving in the city...still havent made any long distance trips with the turbo yet though

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i just back from a 4 1/2 hour trip each way with no troubles dyno'd and ran at the track no issues they are fine.

Comment

as long as everything is installed the right way, you could drive forever, usually modded turbo cars break because of fabricated parts that go wrong.

i drove my supercharged mustang from fl to new york, but the transmission dropped out of the car in jersey, althuogh when i was topping it out, i did notice the temp gauge rise a bit, not overheat though.
                    ]

Comment

i drove to j-ville to tampa no problem until i slowed down in stop and go traffic and i started to get hot but that is because i have a coolant leak somewhere but as for just driving no problems at all.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

well, ive gone from columbia, sc to lexington, ky 3 times in about 5 days, so thats 1500 miles. i burn a bit of oil, but if thats the worst of my troubles, then im happy with that. car ran fine the whole way, and let me give it hell a couple of times. the temp never really goes over 205.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Working...
                        X