Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Higher Boost Trigger Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Boost Trigger Switch

One guy from the crew down in huston, tx called Visionboy. the is300 the one guy owns has a higher boost switch. When he takes off its set to like 12-14psi, then when he pops it into 2nd gear, he flicks the switch and that raises boost presure to like 21-24psi. can i make that work for our cars? like take off at 8psi and flick a switch to 12psi?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

its called a manual boost controller....

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
      its called a manual boost controller....
      how is a manual boost controller going to work by electrical componets?
      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

my bad, meant electronic.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          my bad, meant electronic.
          thanks
          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

you would need to by an electric boost controller. Greddy has one but they are pretty pricey.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Either the Greddy EBC or AEM EMS with Boost control solenoid. There is more to it than "just a switch".

Comment

Visionboy man I remember seeing them in 05 running! hondata s300 has tha setting too, as well as crome pro, nd neptune!
                99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

my roommate has a greddy profec b spec ii EBC for sale if youre interested.
                  1993 CB7
                  2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                    my roommate has a greddy profec b spec ii EBC for sale if youre interested.
                    how much. i think its going to be more that 200. then na, but thanks.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

my old manual boost controller had a low and high boost setting

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yeah....hes asking about 200. they go for about 330 new so it not outrageous but to be honest you could probably rig something up or find a better deal.
                        1993 CB7
                        2001 BB6

Comment

I saw a electric boost controller with a steering wheel mounted controll w/ hi and lo setting. I'll see if I can find it for you.

edit: I found one but I don't think it has the steering wheel mounted control.
                          http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product...oducts_id=2390

its the same one his roommate is selling^^^^^
                          Last edited by rudy1980; 08-30-2007, 02:29 AM.
                          MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                          If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

yea my friend has an electronic boost controler on his evo....his is an hks...works just like that he can save different settings of boost and at the touch of a button it turns boost up or down.he has one for daily driving and one for racing.
                            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

if you want a cheaper way of doing it, buy a Turbo XS dual stage. I have one that I'd sell you if you want to deal with a stripped allen wrench bolt

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X