Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

vtec problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec problem.....

dont get me wrong, i love boost, but i have a major vtec problem...anytime vtec kicks in, whether driving or just reving, the car goes into limp mode. vtec pulls as long as i am full throttle, but once i am off the gas, the rpms start jumping, and there is no longer any driveability. i was told the P28 ecu was causing vtec to come on and stay on, not returning to low rpm driveability, but after swapping for another chipped P28, i had the same result...any ideas?

another thing: even though its hooked up, i am still getting a check engine light for my throttle position sensor. different throttle bodies and a whole new tps sensor produced the same result: a DTC code 7

If you've replaced the ECU and the sensors and neither made a difference it sounds like you have a problem in your wiring.

CB7Tuner member #38

Comment

dude this is the forced induction section aka. turbo, theres a technical section you know?
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord
        If you've replaced the ECU and the sensors and neither made a difference it sounds like you have a problem in your wiring.
        now i did do some re-wiring, but the tps sensor was untouched...i'll pick up a voltmeter and run a few tests, but we will see....

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
          dude this is the forced induction section aka. turbo, theres a technical section you know?
          you know what? you are absolutely right. here is my turbo question:

this is my first turbo build, and no one was able to help me understand this so far, but i noticed boost climbing with rpms. in my case, boost continues to climb until vtec kicks in, reaching full boost. i was wondering if i am supposed to reach full boost as soon as i am full throttle or do boosted accords all experience this "boost climb"?

the only information i was given on the subject was in order to reach full boost at wide open throttle before vtec, you had to retard the timing TREMENDOUSLY....

Comment

Originally posted by 4doorkiller
            you know what? you are absolutely right. here is my turbo question:

this is my first turbo build, and no one was able to help me understand this so far, but i noticed boost climbing with rpms. in my case, boost continues to climb until vtec kicks in, reaching full boost. i was wondering if i am supposed to reach full boost as soon as i am full throttle or do boosted accords all experience this "boost climb"?

the only information i was given on the subject was in order to reach full boost at wide open throttle before vtec, you had to retard the timing TREMENDOUSLY....
            sounds like you have turbo lag, what kind of turbo you running?
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

sounds like you have turbo lag, what kind of turbo you running?
              its actually built for top end performance, so that makes perfect sense. its a
              60 trim AR .63 t3/t4OB

Comment

its actually built for top end performance, so that makes perfect sense. its a
                60 trim AR .63 t3/t4OB
                looks good, but idk whats the problem. whats your boost presure? and is the motor built? did you tune her?
                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

looks good, but idk whats the problem. whats your boost presure? and is the motor built? did you tune her?
                  stock engine, now boosting 10psi. it's been tuned, but it wouldnt hold boost past 5200rpm. figured out that problem, and now it need to be tuned again BADLY...
                  but the most psi i have reached before vtec is may 5 and 1/2 and then vtec turns on and it literally jumps to 10psi....i f*ckin love it, i just didnt know if it was supposed to do that or what not...
                  hey, when boosting these F series motors, a lot of these engines put out about the same amount of torq as horsepower huh? mine put out more torq than horsepower, and being that i am one of maybe like 3 boosted Accord in So Cal, these honda heads are going CRAZY with confusion...

Comment

Yeah, they do that, the whole more torque than horsepower thing. Gotta love it!
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

torque is better than hp.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Err...Horsepower is a function of torque. You're telling me a GSR that makes 185hp and 130ft-lbs of torque isn't as good as our 125hp and 137ft-lb tq F22?
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          Err...Horsepower is a function of torque. You're telling me a GSR that makes 185hp and 130ft-lbs of torque isn't as good as our 125hp and 137ft-lb tq F22?
                          i am going to have to say yes and no...my best friend had a GSR and he would murder me in a drag race stock for stock. HOWEVER....when it came to time attack and road racing, he just couldnt keep up...

Comment

i am going to have to say yes and no...my best friend had a GSR and he would murder me in a drag race stock for stock. HOWEVER....when it came to time attack and road racing, he just couldnt keep up...
                            I have a hard time believing this. Your friend most likely sucks at driving. The GSR has really good agility especially road coursing. It should be the other way around. But oh well.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

torque is better than hp.
                              yeah, birds are better than eagles too.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment