Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Does the H22 Intake Mani fit on the F22? Why not Supercharge it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the H22 Intake Mani fit on the F22? Why not Supercharge it?

or just thinking too much

H22 intake manifold fits on our CB7 why not just hook up the jacksonracing supercharger for the h22 to out f22? might have some clearance issues but nothing a hood scoop cant cover

Re: Am I crazy ?

Originally posted by Legacy Accord
    or just thinking too much

H22 intake manifold fits on our CB7 why not just hook up the jacksonracing supercharger for the h22 to out f22? might have some clearance issues but nothing a hood scoop cant cover
    H22 IM doesn't fit, according to what I keep hearing. It's so much better (and probably cheaper) to go turbo. Seriously...you can get a stock DSM manifold/turbo, a decent side-mount intercooler, a custom downpipe, and a used turbo timer+AFC for what it would cost to get the s/c. Plus the possibilities for a turbo are endless, as you could always upgrade, whereas you'd be stuck w/whatever the s/c gave you to start. I've been thinking about slowly piecing together a ghetto kit, here are my estimations:

2g manifold: $150
    random dsm turbo (t25 maybe?): $500
    li'l intercooler: $200
    piping: $150 maybe...you could go cheap w/ plumbing elbows, but that won't be good for making power
    custom downpipe: $100 prob.
    safc: $200
    other electronics: $300
    oil stuff: ???
    total: $1600+
    Granted tuning it would be a beyotch, but even w/a full day at the dyno that's still waaay cheaper than whatever you'd have to pay to get a new blower and fab up a way to connect it.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i was just thinking out there

Comment

The supercharger won't clear the firewall on a h22 cb7 and no the h22 intake manifold doesn't fit the f22
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thought so, so I am crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord
            thought so, so I am crazy
            yes you are, please seek help
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Re: Re: Am I crazy ?

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              H22 IM doesn't fit, according to what I keep hearing. It's so much better (and probably cheaper) to go turbo. Seriously...you can get a stock DSM manifold/turbo, a decent side-mount intercooler, a custom downpipe, and a used turbo timer+AFC for what it would cost to get the s/c. Plus the possibilities for a turbo are endless, as you could always upgrade, whereas you'd be stuck w/whatever the s/c gave you to start. I've been thinking about slowly piecing together a ghetto kit, here are my estimations:

2g manifold: $150
              random dsm turbo (t25 maybe?): $500
              li'l intercooler: $200
              piping: $150 maybe...you could go cheap w/ plumbing elbows, but that won't be good for making power
              custom downpipe: $100 prob.
              safc: $200
              other electronics: $300
              oil stuff: ???
              total: $1600+
              Granted tuning it would be a beyotch, but even w/a full day at the dyno that's still waaay cheaper than whatever you'd have to pay to get a new blower and fab up a way to connect it.
              not to step on your toes here but I think your pricing is way off.
              used dsm manifold: ~50
              dsm turbo: ~100
              piping: ~75
              dp: use stock
              oil lines: ~20
              injectors: ~60
              bov: ~40
              ecu/misc: ~150
              intercooler: 50+

total: around 500

this of course is assuming that you can fabricate stuff yourself and don't have the need to take it someplace.. prices could really vary but it's possible to sift it all out and get some rock bottom crack head pricing. All parts being in good usable condition.. even cheaper to do it to a civic.

Comment

Ah ok even better...I was just going off of prices from new stuff off Ebay, which still isn't bad, and shows how much those companies rape you with their kits. As far as stuff like intercoolers, electronics, and maybe to an extent the manifold I'd say it's def. fine to get used...but when it comes to DSMs and turbos somehow unless it's from like a 98 GS-T auto Spyder I wouldn't feel good about getting a used one, unless it was in crazy tip-top shape. Then again if you're familiar w/turbos it's easy to see whether one's on its last limbs or not...

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

don't worry man, I quoted some real world prices for good usable items.. only stuff that I've scoped and was interested in

Comment

I had a crazy idea...

Drop in a belt driven supercharger, either a centrifugal or G-lader supercharger.

Remove the A/C compressor, run your piping right around the motor and into the intake.

No exhaust manifold, no goofiness...

Price is almost the same...
                    Bart: What's your name?
                    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

not even close in price.. the cheapest I've seen used supercharger setups are like $700 for a honda D16. Not even close in power either.. I've already explained the differences in superchargers within these forums, lookup my post and see what I said. Turbochargers will always be cheaper and more efficient. If you are running forced induction period you will need exhaust upgrades, at least a manifold that will flow better.

::Pointing to your signature::

Oh yeah, PVC is polymer of vinyl chloride used in much more then just pipe, PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation and is not just a valve - it's a system for venting pressure from the engine. Here is some FYI in my forum:

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...threadid=25485

Comment

Originally posted by quadnie
                        not even close in price.. the cheapest I've seen used supercharger setups are like $700 for a honda D16. Not even close in power either.. I've already explained the differences in superchargers within these forums, lookup my post and see what I said. Turbochargers will always be cheaper and more efficient. If you are running forced induction period you will need exhaust upgrades, at least a manifold that will flow better.

::Pointing to your signature::

Oh yeah, PVC is polymer of vinyl chloride used in much more then just pipe, PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation and is not just a valve - it's a system for venting pressure from the engine. Here is some FYI in my forum:

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...threadid=25485
                        Wow, I feel like an idiot, really. Thanks for pointing that out. So stoopid...

Comment

I just realized I probably looked like a cocky asshole making that statement.. but at least you have a nice signature now (not that anyone will probably even notice the change).

I think I shall make that my signature as well. Hope I stopped someone from going out and buying a supercharger (unless they really really had to).

Comment

I just realized I probably looked like a cocky asshole making that statement.. but at least you have a nice signature now (not that anyone will probably even notice the change).

I think I shall make that my signature as well. Hope I stopped someone from going out and buying a supercharger (unless they really really had to).

Comment

Since the whole idea of this thread was conjecture anyway...

It seems to me that a small supercharger (not Roots) would be a relatively easy to do in comparison to a turbo.

No, I'm not saying either is better, lasts longer, whatever...

The A/C mount is right there, the ducting would be easier, no exhaust work and for an F22 which (from what I've read) doesn't cotton too well to heavy boost either... seems like a neat little thing to try.

You can score a G-lader blower off a Corado for little dollars off eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X