Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo JDM F22B DOHC Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo JDM F22B DOHC Project

Click Here For Pics Of The Swap So Far.....
    Anyone know of an successful Turbo JDM F22b DOHC project. I have a swap done already, and am collecting parts for my set up, so far I have a T3/T4, Saab Vinggen Intercooler, MSD 6al, DSM 450 cc injectors, Apexi SAFC II, 255lbs Fuel Pump. I think that's a good start. I'm just waiting for a good bOV, I like it as loud as possible, but the really load ones usally need at least 10 psi or more or else they leak, any suggestions? The engine has a very turbo friendly 8.5:1 compression, I'm surprised it doesn't seem that popular to turbo. To try to keep the lag down I'm hunting for a H23 Throttle body and Intake manifold, I want to send them out to get ported and Matched to keep the throttle response nice and perky, I also have an 8lbs flywheel with a 3" exhaust that should help, For all you Real turbo heads, my turbine I got a deal on but it has a 1.15 a/r on the hot side, and a .60 a/r compressor so you know that makes alot of power but has a bit of lag, so I'm trying to get ahead of the game before I install, I'm open for suggestions...I got dyno'd at 135 Whp and 138lbs of torque before I added Cams and Iridiums, I know I got another 10-12 out of that. I'm curious what gains you guys got out of other sucessful setups, and any road blocks you ran into, I'm looking for 100 more ponies need a few ideas.....Holla
    Last edited by ichyraay; 08-03-2004, 02:12 PM.

I know of a few sucesfull F22a projects...pretty much the same thing really. all the stuff you listed will help you greatly especially the 3" exhaust. that turbo you have is a bit on the larger side but i dont think spool time will be too bad. you have the DOHC power behind you.

its prettry straight forward really. i didnt run into to many problems when i did mine. the only thing that i will warn you about is that you need to loose your front motor mount and then shave some of the block off (where the front mount was) to get the turbo to fit. and with your huge turbo you will have to shave off even more than i did.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

That's cool, I did'nt know you had to shave the block at all, anyway I plan to shrink the turbine housing a bit, I have to invest in more like a .68 or .70 a/r my impeler size, and compressor is cool. How many ponies did you get out of your setup, w/ how much boost? What about the map sensor issue, did you bypass or use a 2 or 3 bar sensor?

Comment

I've got a turbo jdm f22b and as for the map sensor issue just buy a missing link it will solve the check engine light problem. As for your turbo size it is just right don't decrease your turbine size. Most people don't know a whole lot about turbo's and how they should actually work. A turbo is made for top end power. Most people want that sudden boost of power right from the start but on an engine of our size a small turbo will be in full spool for 90% of the time which in turn can harm the turbine wheel due to alot of backpressure on the wheel. I learned these facts from someone who turbos everyday. Go to www.cheapturbo.com and get there # call it and ask for ken in customer service he will point you in the right direction. As for the injectors you will not need to use them unless you plan on running more than 10psi of boost. Honda injectors are safe for up to 10psi with the right fuel management.
        Last edited by boost_92; 08-16-2004, 02:59 PM.
        Quit Droolin and Start Spoolin!

Comment

pending if you are going for the 'DSM' route or not I would suggest at least the 14b, maybe a 16g.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
            I know of a few sucesfull F22a projects...pretty much the same thing really. all the stuff you listed will help you greatly especially the 3" exhaust. that turbo you have is a bit on the larger side but i dont think spool time will be too bad. you have the DOHC power behind you.

its prettry straight forward really. i didnt run into to many problems when i did mine. the only thing that i will warn you about is that you need to loose your front motor mount and then shave some of the block off (where the front mount was) to get the turbo to fit. and with your huge turbo you will have to shave off even more than i did.
            what kind of turbo did you use? i'm trying to get a small one so i might be able to keep the a/c.
            I hate thieves!

Comment

I have talked to people who used the T25 and 14b with the DSM manifold and they said all you need to do is bend the lines out of the way.. pretty simple.

Comment

Working...
              X