Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

OEM Piston for Higher Compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Piston for Higher Compression?

I was reading on Honda-Tech, how the h22 & f23 can use interchangeble piston/rod combo's to achieve different compression ratios.

I was wondering is there any other piston that is a direct fit into the f22aX that will yield a higher compression? And if no, then where could I find a decent priced piston to get a compression of ATLEAST 11.5:1?

Originally posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I was reading on Honda-Tech, how the h22 & f23 can use interchangeble piston/rod combo's to achieve different compression ratios.

I was wondering is there any other piston that is a direct fit into the f22aX that will yield a higher compression? And if no, then where could I find a decent priced piston to get a compression of ATLEAST 11.5:1?
    There isn't a drop in 85mm piston that will raise the compression that much. You'll have to go aftermarket or use a K20 piston (which is at this point has not been proven reliable....yet) Either way you'll have to bore it to 86mm.

I'm using OEM K20Z1 pistons in my build. The piston wrist pin holes have to be bored like 0.08 or some other small amount (to use non floating type F22 wrist pin). Also, the wrist pin is offset on the K20 pistons to reduce sideload on the cylinder walls, BUT since K's spin in the opposite direction from F motors it is best to flip the piston around (exh on intake side and vise versa). This creates a potential problem because the exhaust valve reliefs on the K-piston are too small for the F22 intake valves. Add the cost of the piston (I paid $100 for mine) and the machine work (??150). So around $250. At this point you're only $150 away from nice forged pieces.

The K20 piston may prove to be a reliable alternative, but it hasn't been proven yet, so i'd go aftermarket.
    H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Thanks, Man.

I
      I really didn't want to have to get it bored and honed, but I guess I have to.

I don't' have enough know-how, or equipment to be able to do the modifications myself, and i'm not gunna pay an arm & a leg for labor on some used cast piston.

Prolly gunna get the Bisi Forged pistons.

Comment

Find some F20B pistons. They're the correct bore. Don't know about compression height, wrist pin diameter, or what compression it'd make, but it's an option.

Comment

Working...
        X