Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutoff

What is your opinion on an exhuast cutout for race track or street racing? Do you all feel it will really gain HP?

You will lose high end, but you will gain alot of torque. At least thats how it is with the H22 and it is hella loud! Sounds pretty sweet when your idling too. It rumbles like a muscle car.
    90 4 door w/JDM h22a(LSD)-intake-exhaust-clutch-flywheel=13.8@102 BITCHES!!!!

Comment

i thought you lose torque with a cut out

Comment

thats what I thought too, but I watched a video of a guy that did it and he said that it was the opposite. I dunno for sure, but thats my $.02.

Comment

You lose low end torque and gain high end horsepower.

Comment

Would this even be logical for a street setup? I mean, you could keep stock exhaust for DD, and have the cutout for track and save money, but wouldn't you lose so much torque that it would be dumb for anything but a wild(read: not bolt-on powered DD) setup? You might as well run individual pipes off the exhaust side of the head.
            -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Hondafan62269
              thats what I thought too, but I watched a video of a guy that did it and he said that it was the opposite. I dunno for sure, but thats my $.02.

u talking about that dyno day video.. where the blue civic hb ran open header with itbs and gained like 11ft/lbs but lost some top end?? if so i remember that vid..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yup, thats the one. That civic was sick and soooo fast!

Comment

kick ass isnt the word.. anyh00t.. i thought about something the other day..

what if we used something along the lines of what the IAB'S have..?? a vacumn controlled diaphram that would open up at a certain rpm..?? and open the exhaust cutout?? IMO.. that would be bitching.. because if the cutout would open above 4k.. then u really wanna go somewhere?.. atleast im assuming so.. therefore if u keep it under 4k.. it wont open up and u have the nice quiet drive of ur daily driver.. you could even take it a step further and try to adapt the IAB Diaphram so that u could change the setting.. isnt the iab's controlled by the ecu?? unless u bypass it and do it by vacumn??

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Wikked: I believe there is a car out there that comes with an idea like this. I remember talking about this with someone, maybe here at work, but I think some company integrated this in some car. Anyone know?

BTW u coming to the spring meet in Nashville, TN ??? guys from FL are coming up and ATL
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                    X