Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 little thumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting to port the exhaust side.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I haven't seen any really high numbers with a delta cam, but they're cheap and with a little tuning seem to make a big difference (at least on the ass dyno). The 272 cam is a little more aggressive than the bisi stage 2, but i doubt it would make better power.
      H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Not on stock compression. Cisco made 152whp on a mustang dyno, which translates to about 160 on a dyno jet give or take a few. Give a 272 around 10:1 compression and I bet you'll easily see something close to 180 with great torque numbers to compliment.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

compression ftw.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
            Not on stock compression. Cisco made 152whp on a mustang dyno, which translates to about 160 on a dyno jet give or take a few. Give a 272 around 10:1 compression and I bet you'll easily see something close to 180 with great torque numbers to compliment.
            After Cisco's build, I don't know what to believe about builds anymore.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              After Cisco's build, I don't know what to believe about builds anymore.
              This is exactly the reason why he didn't even want to post numbers. The engine could easily break 200whp if he had kept going. He didn't want to keep going because he doesn't want to rev the piss out of it.

His project is no where near done.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well the fact that he could have beat 200 easily can make me sleep at night.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

wow, i havent updated this thread in a really long time.

im going to gut the guides out of the head and get to porting the head. i have bronze guides for it and im wondering about the valves.

either way i found a place that has I beam style rods for sale. hopefully they'll be lighter than H beams. the h beams are still lighter than the stock rods but i want to go lighter since i dont need the strength of a H beam structure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

probably go with a bisimoto cam, i already have a delta 272 in my project car.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Have you thought about using nitrous to supplement the power you are going to make? If you are going to have forged pistons and rods, your motor will support more power than you are going to make.

what are your goals with this car? Are you going to race it?
                    spin city

Comment

im not sure what my goals are, i think eventually itbs and a good tune.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I got a delta 272 on my wagon and its a beast at an idle haha. Im running stock springs and tainers so I need to upgrade very soon. BUT the Delta is a generic grind from what people tell me. The bisimoto cam is made special for the F. Im wanting to know what you put down here soon.

Comment

bisimoto cam is worth the extra 130 bucks. they are generic cams which is why they are so cheap.

i think ill eventually get the header because i would want a good base tune for the bisi cam and the itb's to be setup. a header would just be icing on the cake because i can have it fabbed for my application.

i seemed to have left my obx oil pan at my old job. ex boss called me when i was in vegas and told me
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

I think I might go with his cam in the future but as much power I got out of my F22a1 I might stick with the delta for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                              I think I might go with his cam in the future but as much power I got out of my F22a1 I might stick with the delta for a while.
                              how much power?
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

im going to skip out on the titanium retainers so i can get the bisimoto cam. i already have bronze guides and valve springs and planning on getting some aftermarket valves.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X