Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22a oil sending unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a oil sending unit

Ok guys my buddy just got accord with a h22a motor i was working on it for him tonight becasue it had a oil leak but the oil sending unit. But the thing that i want to know is that why does it looks different then on my f22b dohc. it is under the oil filter on the h22a and is on top of my f22b dohc. And on the h22a it had threads coming out of it like a bolt. So i want to if its right and if any one has pics of it that would be great to make sure that iam putting the right part on so i can get the oil leak to stop for him.

im not sure im understanding your question, i have a h22a as well, and the oil sending unit is above the oil filter, i will double check today though

Comment

they varied between motors, some had a single screw connection (h22), while others had a single pin (f22).

its above the filter on some F22s, but on H22s they moved it underneath the filter, to make room for the Knock sensor above.

it sounds like youve found it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok

OK well the thing is that mine isnt a normal looking. Like most it threads into the block. this one doesnt have a hole it has a like threads coming out like a bolt with out the head on it. So i need to know if thats right guys i know its hard to understand what i saying i wll try and take some pics next time iam under the car.

Comment

Working...
        X